Stingray City by Jet Ski

maroyalt

We will be in the Caymens in March and I was wondering if anyone knows if the vendors at the pier offer a stingray city tour by jet ski. I have found a few private operators online but I like to barter at the pier. I just want to make sure it is offered when we get off the ship. If not I will book in advance.

Thanks for the help!

You might check out this post if you haven't already seen it. It shows photos of the boards that tour operators advertise their tours on at the port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581565

BTW...will you be arriving on a cruise? We are also going to be in Grand Cayman on March 13 while sailing on the Carnival Legend.

You might check out this post if you haven't already seen it. It shows photos of the boards that tour operators advertise their tours on at the port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581565

BTW...will you be arriving on a cruise? We are also going to be in Grand Cayman on March 13 while sailing on the Carnival Legend.

Thank you for sharing that link. I hadn't seen it previously. Yes we will be arriving by cruise ship but not on the Legend.

We will be in the Caymens in March and I was wondering if anyone knows if the vendors at the pier offer a stingray city tour by jet ski. I have found a few private operators online but I like to barter at the pier. I just want to make sure it is offered when we get off the ship. If not I will book in advance.

Thanks for the help!

Do you mind sharing the website you found for the stingray jet ski tour vendor? We don't sail until next year, but we want to start researching :-)

Thanks!

We booked Ebanks a few years ago and I don't think his company hustles tourists by the pier. He seemed plenty busy without doing it. Very nice equipment and we had a really great tour guide. I don't think you can go wrong pre-booking with them. Whatever you decide, have a great time!

We used Fat Fish lat July and loved it. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Very friendly and helpful (we never rode a jetski before) It was a blast

Booked with Fat Fish and wondering if they provide life jackets?

Booked with Fat Fish and wondering if they provide life jackets?

Yes they do provide ski vests. We did the Jet Ski tour with Fat Fish last year. It was a blast and I highly recommend them. :)

And to address the OP's question, I didn't see Fat Fish trolling for clients at the pier.

Tim

Yes they do provide ski vests. We did the Jet Ski tour with Fat Fish last year. It was a blast and I highly recommend them. :)

OP, Not trying to jack your thread, but one more question:

Fat Fish says you must be able to swim and pull yourself up in 15ft of water. Have any of the weaker people or weaker swimmers found this challenging?

OP, Not trying to jack your thread, but one more question:

Fat Fish says you must be able to swim and pull yourself up in 15ft of water. Have any of the weaker people or weaker swimmers found this challenging?

In my experience with a Jet Ski excursion in GC, it was more a matter of balance and dexterity when climbing back on the Jet Ski, not so much strength. That's just my experience, though. Fat Fish was very helpful when I called with questions before we booked - they have a US toll-free number, I think. You may want to give them a call and discuss it.

Tim

We were there last Thursday, and I like the OP enjoy bartering at the pier, mostly because I like to see what I am in the mood for there lol. we didn't rush to get off the ship as we set anchor at 7am ship time, we went to shore around 9 am ship time roughly, and decided I wanted to do a jet ski tour, Make a long story short I was to late for a tour and just rented one to mess around 7 mile.

James

We were there last Thursday, and I like the OP enjoy bartering at the pier, mostly because I like to see what I am in the mood for there lol. we didn't rush to get off the ship as we set anchor at 7am ship time, we went to shore around 9 am ship time roughly, and decided I wanted to do a jet ski tour, Make a long story short I was to late for a tour and just rented one to mess around 7 mile.

James

The Fat Fish does two Jet Ski tours a day. The one we did was their second one of the day - schedule for 11:30, I think. There are some offered after you went on shore, but maybe not "marketed" at the pier.

That is very possible, but it almost seemed like Island time was 2 hours ahead of ship time although I think it was only one hour ahead of our time, I never could clear that up. I honestly after I struck out at all the pier area and right outside the gate I just figured not to lose my day wondering around and headed to the beach, Good luck to everyone headed there they look like amazing tours. Cant remember which vendor it was but the one that I wanted to takes was $starting at 70$us and it had a list of places to go from stingray city to Rum point to about 4 others. I am sure the more ya pick the more it cost though, I just never got that far.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Fwiw, I have tried to book four tours so far and all are booked for next week: fat fish, ebanks, island marketing, and cayman boat rentals.

If anyone knows of another, please share. Otherwise I may be in the same predicament as James and will hope for something at the pier.

Just got back from our tour with Ebanks.....had a great time! We were on the 12:30 tour...they had some issues with the 10:30 tour (one of the seedoos stopped running and had to be towed back)...they were short 1 seedoo for the next group. Not a problem though...Luckily the whole tour group we were with was a group of us that came together...so they accommodated us as best as they could and reduced our price.....our guide was very good and had a blast!!

I do not know of any other groups....sorry!!

There were 11 of us in the group....I rode a 3 seater with my 10 and 8 yr old sons....a friend of ours rode with his 6 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son...our wives rode on a 2 seater together...and another fasther rode with his 9 and 11 yr old sons. Took about 20 min to ride out to the sandbar from the dock, we went snorkeling for about 20 mintues...then about 30 min at the sandbar with the stinrays. We all held and touched the stingrays and felt safe the whole time....it was a great adventure!!

Archived