How to set up a private party for Roll Call members

Mommy2twins+one

I saw another thread that said something about an "open bar" party that you can do through Carnival. It seems to me that you basically get everyone to pitch in their own part and one person makes sure that Carnival gets it.

If anyone has done this, could you give me some information(tips, instructions, cautions).

Is it pretty risky to be sending one person money through paypal. Since I guess you don't really know them yet. Is there more cost to it than it seems? Does the 15% gratuity only apply to the pp amount or the amount that is consumed?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Our roll call group seems to be really growing quickly and has a few activities planned already. This just seemed like a great one to add to it.

Thanks!

I believe you have to have at least 20 people. It costs something like $11.44 per person for one hour and dry snacks. You have to pay Carnival in advance not sure how far but it's several weeks.

I collected the money for the 1st Crazies cocktail party years ago, I don't do paypal so everyone just sent checks. Our TA that we use for all the "official CC group cruises" actually set up the party with Carnival, so I'm not sure who to call other than maybe Bon Voyage.

You have to have a paid for guest list and some way of identifying the people that are suppose to be there. We use paper wrist bands.

Stitch coordinates our parties now and we always get together the night before the cruise to put the name tags and wrist bands together, then we meet either at the M&G on the ship or at the hospitality table that we set up and everyone picks up their stuff.

No admitance without proper identification and the waiters know not to serve anyone that doesn't have a wristband.

The price is different for non-alcohol drinkers.

I saw another thread that said something about an "open bar" party that you can do through Carnival. It seems to me that you basically get everyone to pitch in their own part and one person makes sure that Carnival gets it.

If anyone has done this, could you give me some information(tips, instructions, cautions).

Is it pretty risky to be sending one person money through paypal. Since I guess you don't really know them yet. Is there more cost to it than it seems? Does the 15% gratuity only apply to the pp amount or the amount that is consumed?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Our roll call group seems to be really growing quickly and has a few activities planned already. This just seemed like a great one to add to it.

Thanks!

I am currently organizing one for our Legend Cruise in April. First you want to confirm a good time with everybody on your roll call when you can all meet. Then you can call the Group Planning Dept at Carnival. They will reserve a time and place for you. Some people have said in the past that if you tell them it's for a Cruise Critic meet and greet they won't help you. With that advice in mind I just told them we were a group of friends from all over wanting to meet up, didn't mention CC.

I don't have a pay pal account, so what I have offered to our group is everybody can mail me a check. Once I recieve their check I can either go ahead and deposit or hold off until after the cruise. This way if people are uncomfortable sending somebody money that they don't know they can rest assure they get what they pay for before I deposit their check. It may not be the best system, but I think it gives people enough peace and mind.

The cost for a 2 hour meet and greet was $17 pp and then they add the %15 gratuity to that, so we are paying $19.55 pp.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

On our last cruise, I set up a private party through John H via his Facebook page. I told him what ship, the cruise date & when we wanted it. About two weeks before the departure, I gave him my cabin #. Unfortunately the time we wanted (2nd day in the afternoon) was not the time we got (last sea day at the same time as the Farewell party). There was a small mention in the Funtimes.

Snacks were set in the tables & some free drinks were available.

Make sure that you get names & cabin nos. of Roll Call guests so you can keep in touch in case things change. Only three people from our Roll call showed, either because no one knew about it or that it interfered with another Party.

Hope this helps

Archived