Allure: MDR vs. Alternatives

Ekim19

I might be misremembering, I prebooked it probably 2 months before the cruise and it's possible they charged me then, just like you. Anyway, even at $15 per person, it still is a good deal, good food and a relaxing way to have lunch compared to the Windjammer which we did on embarkation day on our first cruise on the Oasis. That scared me into thinking it would be that way (extremely crowded, nearly impossible to find a table) the whole cruise but of course fortunately it wasn't.

Good to hear - and well worth it either way. Day 1 buffets on any cruise ship stress out type A mommy, so both my husband and son are very pleased with this idea. We'll be boarding four weeks from today!!

imo nights 3,4 & 5 (if it is not a formal night) are missable on 7 night cruises. Usually those are port days, and they just don't seem to try as hard when they know the MDR will be half full. (I usually like 1st, last, and both formal nights.)

On those days, I either book specialties, or eat lunch in port. Another option in MDR is to ask for one of the starters to be served as a main if you don't see a main that you like.

Archived