Colourful Coasts Oct 2012

Hi, can anyone please give us some peace of mind! We have booked with Thomsons Dream for 5th Oct. We have never cruised before and quite limited travel experience abroad. We read lots of different cruise brochures before booking this one as it sounded a little more relaxed than some of the others and liked the itinery.

Since booking we have read so many different reviews, we are thinking of changing our hols. This is our 25th wed anv and just want it to be nice. What sort of food is served and have they really sorted all the issues people write about? Many thanks in advance.

sailed onthe celebration in october it had some bad reveiws bu tthe food and service we received was better than we expected and really enjoyed it and as soon as we got home we booked 2 weeks for our 25th go with an open mind and not other people expectations

just got back off the destiny and due to the few bad reviews wasnt really expecting much but it was the best holiday we have ever had and the weather wasnt the best. Dont worry about the dream its thomsons best ship and we had a fab time on there and will definately be going on it again.

Don't even think of changing!!! Just back from 2 weeks on Dream, it was wonderful. All sorts of food available, although there is about half an hour when you can't get any (after breakfast but before lunch.....) We are thinking of booking again already for next year. Please don't worry we didn't have any problems at all.

Hi, We are going on the same cruise (5th October) flying from Luton. Don`t worry you will have a great time. We went on the Spirit a couple of years ago and going on that ship again in July. If it was awful we wouldn`t keep coming back! See you there

This happens all the time on the forum but never, ever has anyone come back and not loved it. It's like the holidays we used to go on years ago and we said on our first cruise that we had found all the people we used to see in the Canaries before it went cheap and not so cheerful.:):)

Jan

Fantastic. Thanx. We fly from Gatwick. Did canaries for our honeymoon all those years ago! Be interesting 2 see how changed. Our 1st cruise though!

We did Canaries for our Honeymoon (Lanzarote) and then went on the Colourful Coasts in 2009 (Celebration) for our first cruise with our family. We were not disappointed - had a superb time; loved the cruise ship, loved the itinerary, have been back on the Spirit and heading back on the Celebration this year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary (complete with my parents and our teenagers!) I am sure you won't regret it - have you thought about arranging a Blessing onboard? I have booked this as a surprise for my husband (hope he likes it!)

We have thought of a blessing but just not done anything about it. Think it scares hubby at bit! Did u just ring thomsons and arrange with them?

My friend is a Travel Agent so we book our cruises with her and she booked the Blessing - I think it's just a case of phoning them, though. I wasn't sure to go ahead with it or not but we met a couple on the Spirit last time who had just had one and I have read other people who have and it does sound a bit special so I thought, " Why not"?!! We're not going to have dinner with the Captain though - firstly, that is just not us but also they will only allow adults to have dinner with the Captain and I'm not forfeiting a dinner with my kids to spend dinner with a stranger, no matter how nice he is!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here is a link to a post about a Blessing:-

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510050

We'v done it... Spoke to Thomsons today and have booked a blessing onboard the Dream for our 25th anv. They were so nice and made us feel special. Really excited now and still months to go.

Thank you all for all your advice. x

We'v done it... Spoke to Thomsons today and have booked a blessing onboard the Dream for our 25th anv. They were so nice and made us feel special. Really excited now and still months to go.

Thank you all for all your advice. x

Lovely! I'll let you know how we get on - we're going in August!

Archived