Sanctuary

refman

Sanctuary: Adults only lounge area forward by spa pool, also adults only. It looks like it's all enclosed and shaded, but it has gentle breezes and full sun areas. They sell about half for full-cruise reservations and leave half for day reservations. Fee: $15 per day if booked for the whole cruise. $10 half day, $20 whole day if booked per day. The week cannot be reserved before the cruise, and days cannot be booked until the morning of. Go to the Sanctuary to do your reservations. Sea days are the most popular. If you want very comfortable foam loungers that are yours for the week, it could be worth the money. If you have a lot of ports on your itinerary, you might not feel like you're getting your money's worth. You can use the adults only spa pool whether or not you are in the Sanctuary. If you enjoy lounging in peace and quiet, this is your place.

Sanctuary: Adults only lounge area forward by spa pool, also adults only. It looks like it's all enclosed and shaded, but it has gentle breezes and full sun areas. They sell about half for full-cruise reservations and leave half for day reservations. Fee: $15 per day if booked for the whole cruise. $10 half day, $20 whole day if booked per day. The week cannot be reserved before the cruise, and days cannot be booked until the morning of. Go to the Sanctuary to do your reservations. Sea days are the most popular. If you want very comfortable foam loungers that are yours for the week, it could be worth the money. If you have a lot of ports on your itinerary, you might not feel like you're getting your money's worth. You can use the adults only spa pool whether or not you are in the Sanctuary. If you enjoy lounging in peace and quiet, this is your place.

Ditto

I have done the Sanctuary on the Crown and the people that reserved the entire week made good use of it after the time in port. Its very quiet and no hassles even if you only use it for a few hours. Chair hogging at its finest

It's an absolute pleasure to enjoy Sanctuary for a day, but a week, maybe not. We just dont cruise enough to warrrant hiding from the other gorgeous pools and sea vistas under the canopied sanctuary. This year's cruise on the Caribbean Princess we enjoyed having a day on the comfortable lounges, napping, reading under partial shade. The exhausting port intensive itinerary and our lacklustre enthusiasm for St Lucia meant that was a perfect day. I did try to stand in the lineup for our final seaday to get another 4 chairs for us, but no luck. I wasn't too disappointed though, the best chairs were given to week long clientel, and frankly our balcony cabins gave us the privacy and sea view we needed throughout the final day aboard ship.

Right, I think of the Sanctuary as my discount balcony. If I had a balcony cabin I would not book the Sanctuary. And right again, if you have a morning excursion, you can utilize your Sanctuary location in the afternoons. If you're going to be off the ship for most of the day at your ports, you just wouldn't get enough use to justify the cost. "Chair hogging at its finest" - love that!

Archived