Laundry Special for Back-to-Back

alwalaska

Some cruise lines have additional laundry specials for people doing a back-to-back itinerary. Do you know if NCL has any such thing?

If not, do you know if the Dawn offers the $25 bag option? If so, on what day?

We did a 33 day b2b2b on the Sun. There was a laundry bag special several times but they were for all the passengers, not just for the b2b people.

The problem with Canada/New England in September is that we are going to have dirty jeans and sweatshirts and not too many are going to fit in one of the $25 bags.

For Alaska, we were in Princess and they have self-serve laundry on the ship. We can pay for many bags of laundry though for the cost difference between our upcoming cruise and what Princess is bound to be charging when the finally come out with their 2013 itineraries.

For our 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise, we fit a lot of shorts, t'shirts, socks, and undies into one bag.

At least I have 19 months to think about it. Ha ha.

That is one of the drawbacks of NCL, they do not have self-serve laundry. We would never take a longer cruise with htem because of this. We are going to try a nine day Baltic on the Sun but I doubt if we will ever do more than a seven day max without self-serve laundry again. That is one of the reasons we sail on Princess or HAL.

That is one of the drawbacks of NCL, they do not have self-serve laundry. We would never take a longer cruise with htem because of this. We are going to try a nine day Baltic on the Sun but I doubt if we will ever do more than a seven day max without self-serve laundry again. That is one of the reasons we sail on Princess or HAL.

Like I said though, I could do tons of laundry for the difference in the cruise fares for the 2 lines. Plus, I really like not being forced to choose between bringing formal attire or giving up a sit down dinner.

I enjoyed our Princess cruise and there are pros and cons to each line. I hope to someday cruise Princess again, but right now, we just can't afford it. We haven't tried HAL yet, so I can't say anything about it.

We did 33 days on the Sun, going from the cold of Iceland to the heat of the Caribbean and had no trouble with laundry. We simply used the bag special weekly, and occasionally it was offered more than once in a week.

We'd figured out about 8 days' worth of clothes for packing, using things that could be layered for the cold. We had no problem with laundry for that length of cruise since the Bag special easily held a week's worth of underwear, slacks, and shirts -- including sweatshirts. We rolled clothes, stuffed the bag full, and used duct tape on any tears in the bag.

Don't limit yourself just because there's no self-serve laundry.

Archived