Group of 15

themadzins

Hello. We will be a group of 15 who will be in Seattle the day before our Alaskan cruise, July 14. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

Since the majority of my party will only have late Saturday afternoon and evening to sight see, what downtown hotel(s) would be the best option?

What are the key, do not miss, sights for us to take in?

What is the least expensive transportation option to get us from airport to hotel? Hotel to cruise ship? Cruise ship to hotel (for some of us)? Cruise ship to airport?

Thanks so much for your input!!

Kathleen

If you look down the page the transportation question was answered yesterday .... if all 15 are travelling together, Seattle Shuttle and Shuttle Express offer vans to accomodate groups and their luggage.

As for sightseeing, depends on your interests. the most popular tourist sites are the Pike Place Market, Seattle Center/Space Needle complex, the waterfront, museums,

http://www.seattle.gov/html/visitor/points.htm

For hotels, it depends on your budget. Many people find great deals on price line and hotwire. The downtown core is most convenient to all the sights and is where all the major chains are ... hilton, red lion, sheraton, etc Downtown Seattle is quite small really. Rooms tend to be less expensive by the Seattle Center. Look at the Seattle forum of tripadvisor.com, under the Top Questions there's a good article for cruisers which discusses hotels and areas.

You didn't indicate which pier. Pier 66 is on the waterfront downtown and 91 is a few miles north of the downtown area. A shuttle service or a few taxis would get you to either pier.

You also may want to look for a hotel that offers shuttle services

That is what I did with my group...we are staying at Quality Inn and Suites

which has a $10 per person shuttle to hotel from Airport....and then a $6 per person shuttle to the Pier for our cruise

Some of us (me too) are flying in Saturday...some on Sunday...and a few on Monday (we cruise on Tues) so this works well for us

Archived