Miami & Port Canaveral Excursions????

judyf

Going on the Dawn 5/22. Looking for info on what to do in this two ports.

Most of the time I like to book private tours but haven't found much info for these two ports. I might have to book ship tours this cruise. That's seems funny being US ports.

Any ideas??????? Not interested in the theme parks been to them many times. Thinking about an everglades tour in Orlando area, due to more to do in Miami.

Thanks for any info you can send my way!

Judyf...We were on the Dawn April 3, and in Port Canaveral, we (6 adults) rented a van (Enterprise...free shuttle to & from the port to their office...Entertainment book coupon too!) and booked an airboat ride with Capt. John www.airboatrides.com. GREAT! Small 6 person boats. He's quite a character! $37 for 90 minutes (web site $5 coupon). Then we drove to Cocoa pier. Saw lots! Had a great day.

In Miami we did a Duck tour and booked it through NCL. Very enjoyable and fun. Their prices were just a dollar or 2 more than doing it on your own...but I've heard they are often full. Then we took a taxi to Bayside shopping center...not much there. Wouldn't do that again. Then again...I'm not a big shopper....but we wanted to do something.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info. How long a drive to the airboat rides? It's just the two of us so I'm not sure if renting a car would be a good idea for the two of us, cost wise. I want to do the everglades in P.C. rather them Miami. Did you see a lot on the sirboat tour?

I'm also thinking of the duck tour. I'm so unsure yet what to do in these two ports to get the most out of our time.

Thanks

HI Judy!

I think it was about 30 minutes to the airboat. However, the car rental place was 15 min in the opposite direction! The airboat ride was great! Saw lots of gators, bald eagles, turtles, cows (yes...cows!), and unique trees with moss and air plants growing off them. I'd check out the car rental prices...we used Enterprise and paid $55 for a large van. Maybe you can hook up with someone on roll call who wants to do the same and split the car price. Have fun!

Archived