NCL Breakaway May 12, 2013

beachmonkey

• 7 months later...
Hey fellow cruisers...anyone booked to sail with us on the Breakaway on May 12, 2013?

Robert (and Ralph)

Hey there!

We just booked after mulling over it since last year. It's kind of pricey especially for a one port cruise but we've decided to make this the honeymoon we never had. We are also making this our first inside cabin experience since we were already booked for a balcony on an August 2013 sailing on the Allure of the Seas. We are looking forward to being on an inaugural sailing for the first time as well.

Dana

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You and me both!

I've been thinking about it more and more now that the new year is about to roll in. I just need to get on the ball with researching what we're going to do on and off the ship.

We've been booked for a while now.

Happy Holidays!

You should check out the "Everything Breakaway" thread under Norwegian Cruise Line heading. There are great pictures of the building process. It won't be long before the ship will leave the dry dock for the next phase of the building.

It is also just about time for us to begin to seriously start the preparations for our 2014 wedding aboard the Breakaway. Our NCL Cruise Consultant Pablo is great and has helped us stay on top of any promotions that are available for our guests. We met Pablo when we sailed on the NCL Pearl this last time. They encourage employees to cruise so they can better represent the liine and their ships.

The countdown continues!!!

Robert (and Ralph)

• 4 weeks later...

Today at 2pm EST we reach the 100 day countdown point!!!

It has beeen unusually cold here in Idaho and it has only made me that much more excited to set sail.

Has anyone made any plans for the time at Bermuda? I have reviewed some of the options and we might take onme of the sunset cruises around the island. We are also considering a snorkel or intro to scuba trip.

• 2 weeks later...

We have hit the 90 day mark!

We are looking forward to meeting you Dana and Sharine. ZKZWFL, have you officially booked this cruise? Be sure to join the NCL Breakaway Roll Call to be a part of the Cruise Critic Meet-n-Greet. It is going to be a great group of people.

Dana and Sharine...I hope you are doing okay with the snow. As a former New Yorker myself, I know how fun public transit can be after a large storm.

Have a great week!

Robert

We have hit the 90 day mark!

We are looking forward to meeting you Dana and Sharine. ZKZWFL, have you officially booked this cruise? Be sure to join the NCL Breakaway Roll Call to be a part of the Cruise Critic Meet-n-Greet. It is going to be a great group of people.

Dana and Sharine...I hope you are doing okay with the snow. As a former New Yorker myself, I know how fun public transit can be after a large storm.

Have a great week!

Robert

Hey Robert -

Happy Monday!!

Luckily, we are doing okay with the snow. We live up in the Bronx and we didn't get hit to hard where we are. All our Long Island neighbors can not say the same thing. I'm actually glad it was a weekend storm and I was able to stay out of it and relax at home. With two arthritic knees I always worry I'm going to fall and bust my behind, oh and break a darn leg!!

Do you know if there have ever been any successful FOD gatherings on NCL?

I can't believe we are in the double digits already!!!

Have a GREAT week!

Dana

FOD gatherings seem to vary from cruise to cruise. It really depends upon who is interested in attending. We always attend, but also enjoy meeting others on board too.

I am not sure exactly what we will do while docked in Bermuda. It is so strange to have more than one day anywhere that I have not felt an urgency to book anything in advance. We love the beach and the catamaran sail/snorkel is fun. I know we will do one of the evening cruises, but have not made a reservation yet. I also want to go to St George and explore.

FOD gatherings seem to vary from cruise to cruise. It really depends upon who is interested in attending. We always attend, but also enjoy meeting others on board too.

I am not sure exactly what we will do while docked in Bermuda. It is so strange to have more than one day anywhere that I have not felt an urgency to book anything in advance. We love the beach and the catamaran sail/snorkel is fun. I know we will do one of the evening cruises, but have not made a reservation yet. I also want to go to St George and explore.

We have yet to experience a successful FOD get together. With three cruises this year our odds have improved lol.

CC members are giving a lot of great suggestios for Bermuda on both our roll call board and the Bermuda port board. My wife leaves all the excursions up to me because if she had to plan, we'd sleep away our whole vacation. She just likes to relax, but will indulge my wnating to be all over the place lol. So far I haven't narrowed anything down but I am saving all info in an email folder. Eventually I will sit down, go back through it and plan a few things. We have never done 3 days in one port so this will be a different kind of interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like it has taken forever, but we are finally at the 60 day mark!

The ship is currently in the conveyance stage going down the river towards the North Sea. Some great pictures can be found on the Everything Breakaway forum under NCL.

• 3 weeks later...

45 days out! The ability to book dining and shows is supposed to be available today, but there has been an issue with the NCL website.

What are you looking forward to the most?

I know we plan to see Burn the Floor and Cirque as well as try the Ocean Blu restaurant. We will just be happy to be sailing again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived