Which is better - Legend or Grandeur??

I am a first time cruiser, doing tons of research along the way. I know we can't afford the Voyager ship, so we are looking at the Legend or the Grandeur of the Seas. Trip will be next spring break, taking along 16 and 13 year olds. I may be silly but most of what I read, the Legend is for older cruisers?? But, they seem to have more than the Grandeur, which I have heard does not have the rock wall or the mini-golf. I just want to make sure we all have a good time, don't want to hear those "I'm bored" comments!!!! Please advise, any opinions are welcome!!:)

Both the Legend and the Grandeur are considered part of the "Vision" class of ship and are very similar, although the Grandeur is actually a little larger. As far as I know, all RCCL ships have been fitted with rock climbing walls. As for the boredom factor, since the ships are very similar I would say that your kids will be equally bored or entertained on either ship. To find a lot more in terms of activities and facilities you will have to move up to the Voyager class. As such, you should probably decide between the Legend and the Grandeur based on which ship has an itinerary that is of more interest to all the members of your family.

lol- yeah, i just read that the Grandeur had a little accident, which is really too bad. I dont' think the kids will be horribly bored by any means, I was just wondering if other families have had good experiences on the ships, or if bumping up is the MUST DO. We happen to like either of the itineraries, so it probably won't matter either way since they are the same class ship. Thanks for all opinions!

My kids would have loved if we booked one of the voyager ships, but they will have a great time on the Grandeur also this summer. No basketball goal is a real bummer to my teenage son, but making him miserable is my job; I'm a mom. :) He'll just have to do all the teen activites without basketball.

Archived