Help---Port Canaveral hotel with free shuttle from Orlando Airport

Need help finding a Port Canaveral hotel with free shuttle from the Orlando airport. I have checked other boards but really haven't found much help. If anyone has some info it will be greatly appreciated.

it is a 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral from Orlando...I don't know of any hotels over there that run a free shuttle to/from MCO Orlando airport...can't be very cost effective for them....the only ones I know of that do that are usually only within a mile or so from the airport. We have rented a car in the past and drove ourselves when we were staying extra days or when we went directly to the ship we let the cruise line handle it...very convenient...when we rented the car ..we drove from Orlando, stayed at Radisson Resort at the Port and the car rental place was next door ..we returned the car in the morning and the rental place drove us to the port..for free...hotel also has a shuttle but you had to reserve it in advance and many people waiting on them ..not as convenient as car rental shuttle who was waiting for us when we dropped off the car..

Like others have said, not sure you will find a hotel with free airport shuttle, but there are some hotels that offer fly, snooze and cruise packages, which include transportation to and from both the airport and port. La Quinta cocoa beach is one. We rented a car at mco from dollar and it was easy and convenient. They shuttled us to the port for free.

Did the Fly, Snooze, and Cruise at the Courtyard by Marriot, its a little higher than there standard rate due to the shuttle to hotel from MCO, shuttle to port, and the shuttle back to MCO. it was like 209. per couple. very nicely run and was very easy to use.

We always stay at the Country inn & Suites. They have nice rooms, breakfast in the morning, and a great shuttle to port!! Dwayne (the driver) is very entertaining and informative!!!! Very easy transport to and from port!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom line is NO hotel from Canaveral area will offer FREE pickup at the airport, then take you to the port and back for free. The cost to the hotel is way too great. They'd have to provide a van, pay a driver, pay tolls, buy gas. So, NO FREE RIDE.

My husband and I flew into Orlando and sailed from Port Canaveral in September on the Dream. We stayed at the Mariott on Cocoa Beach, which is about 45 minutes from the airport & 10 minutes from the port. They offer free roundtrip transportation. They picked us up from the airport, took us to the hotel, the following morning took us to the port & picked us up from the port the day we got off the ship & took us back to Orlando airport. I believe we paid $199, a little pricey but when you figure in all that transportation it was a great deal! Not to mention the shuttles were all very timely & the hotel is very nice. They have a nice pool and are a very short walk to the beach. Subway, a pizza place and a carryout are within walking distance. I would highly recommend staying there. You will not find another hotel that offers all the shuttle services at no charge because it is such a distance from the airport to the port. http://courtyardcocoabeach.com/

The Hampton Inn Port Canaveral has a cruise pkg that includes roundtrip transport from the Orlando or Melbourne airport. http://hamptoninncocoabeach.com/packages-specials/snooze-cruise

The Hampton Orlando airport also has a cruise pkg that includes roundtrip transport to the port the next day. http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MCOAPHX&promoId=137930033

:)

Edited by Hoosiercouple

I'm reposting my response to the same question on a different thread.

Last Halloween we booked the Hampton Inn's cruise package. It was a little pricey ringing in at $200 for two of us. But we figured that we were likely going to spend $100 on the room anyhow and $50 per person for transporation was almost the cheapest I could find. Renting a car for 2 people really turned out to be the same cost ($45 each way for a rental car) and I didn't want the hassle of driving. I'm on vacation, I'll pay a little extra to have all my worries taken care of.

The hotel contracts with Travelynx and I just can't say enough good things about them. I've posted on a couple other threads here that our cruise was delayed getting back because of a medical emergency that occurred on our last sea day. So we were 2 hours late docking in Port Canaveral. As soon as I turned on my cell phone (before we even docked) Travelynx was calling me to calm my nerves and tell me that there was a driver already waiting for us and would whisk us away to the airport as soon as we got off the ship. We had an 11:30 a.m. flight. Also, you don't have to book a hotel package to utilize Travelynx. You can book them independently. I HIGHLY recommend them and Hampton Inn's cruise package.

Happy cruising! :)

• 1 year later...

I'm going to try renting a car on Hotwire from the Orlando airport and turning it in at Port Canaveral for around $50. Then find a super cheap nice hotel on Priceline. The car rental companies provide shuttle to the cruise ships. That way we can get around other places that night and that morning. Has anyone tried doing it that way?

• 1 year later...

I had a question about the several Snooze and Cruise websites that link up hotels and transportation services compared to another thread talking about which transportation companies were good and which werent.

if you book one of these packages do they go with only consistently good companies or isnit on a rotation with all of them?

what have been some of the experiences?