Anne Frank House tickets

PTsPT2004

My Viking cruise for April 6-16, 2012 was cancelled. I had already purchased tickets to the Anne Frank House for April 7, 2012 for the 1500 (3:00 pm) reservation. I hate for them to go to waste and they will not exchange or refund them. If you are interested we can figure out some way to get them to you. I know they were not expensive but I hate to waste them. FREE.

Cruise cancelled?? You must be devastated!! (I would be!!)

But its SO nice of you to want to give your Anne Frank tickets to someone who could use them! You might want to post your offer also on the Ports - Europe - Bristish Isles/Amsterdam page - they get a lot of visitors since SO many Baltic cruises leave from Amsterdam.

We have a Viking Cruise secheduled for mid-October - hope we have better luck!!!

the cancellation was caused because the ship is not finished yet! We were going on another smaller and older boat but it filled up quickly and luckily they are able to accomodate us on the new ship but at a later date. Yes we were sick but we were able to get it all worked out quickly and so I guess this was all meant to be. They had a suite vacant so they offered it to us so naturally we jumped on it. I guess I can live with that! We sail on May 3, same itinerary.

yes, we were booked on the Viking Njord. But life is "suite" at this point. I guess it is about time we had some luck. Our last trip (Dec. 2010) all of our bags were lost and we spent 10 days on the Viking Legend with no clothes, (my husband had noting but the clothes he was wearing, I was a little better off) and the ship broke down and wer had to abandon ship. I decided to give Viking one more chance, so hopefully the Njord will be ready and we will have smooth sailing. (by the way we got home on 12-28 and our bags finally made it home on 1-1-11) And to top it all off the clothes we purchased were checked on the way home and one of those bags did not make it home either) But we did have a great time.

WOW! That is terrible! Funny thing about travel...you always have to have a PLAN B. No clothes is really hard to prepare for though! YIKES! :eek:

yes, we were booked on the Viking Njord. But life is "suite" at this point. I guess it is about time we had some luck. Our last trip (Dec. 2010) all of our bags were lost and we spent 10 days on the Viking Legend with no clothes, (my husband had noting but the clothes he was wearing, I was a little better off) and the ship broke down and wer had to abandon ship. I decided to give Viking one more chance, so hopefully the Njord will be ready and we will have smooth sailing. (by the way we got home on 12-28 and our bags finally made it home on 1-1-11) And to top it all off the clothes we purchased were checked on the way home and one of those bags did not make it home either) But we did have a great time.

the cancellation was caused because the ship is not finished yet! We were going on another smaller and older boat but it filled up quickly and luckily they are able to accomodate us on the new ship but at a later date. Yes we were sick but we were able to get it all worked out quickly and so I guess this was all meant to be. They had a suite vacant so they offered it to us so naturally we jumped on it. I guess I can live with that! We sail on May 3, same itinerary.

Join the roll call for the May 3rd departure - it's so lonely there!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there -

Sorry to hear about your cruise being canceled!

If you still have the tickets, my wife and I will be in Amsterdam that weekend and were having a difficult time finding tickets online. We would be more than willing to buy yours.

If you want to contact us - you can reach me at yahoo.com - psdanko@...

Many thanks!

Paul

I see you are in the Chicago area. We are in southern IL just out of ST. Louis. I will get on the Anne Frank website and see how to reprint the tickets and send you the information by email. I do not want anything for the tickets just wanted someone to be able to use them.

Archived