Concierge "hump" suites on Dream

Sea Monster 2

We are thinking about coming back to Disney after our last two cruises in the NCL Epic Haven (which we love-- it's just that we were docked next to Dream last week and DS saw the AquaDuck, and now he's got to do it...!!). One of the things I will really miss is "my" giant DOS balcony on Epic, but I've read about the "hump" suites here. Can anybody give any details (or better yet, photos!) of the 1-BR suites on the hump? Any recommendations? Does the larger balcony come with a lounge chair, or can we get one? And one other question-- some posters here mention a pool on the concierge sun deck, but I can't find any official mention of that-- what is the sun deck like? Is there a pool or misters, and does it have an ocean view? Any photos would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I would highly recommend a hump cabin on the Dream ... but only on Deck 12, NOT Deck 11.

Sorry I do not have any pictures, but, yes, you can put a lounge chair on the verandah of the hump cabins.

The reason I recommend Deck 12 over Deck 11 is for several reasons ... one is that the verandahs on Deck 11 are almost entirely enclosed. There is only a strip of window-like openings. The verandah is almost encased. I wish I took some pics because I am not explaning this well. However, I will say that the enclosed verandah on Deck 11 acts like an incubator and a megaphone. It's hot. You can hear every blessed thing your neighbors are saying and that sound carries like they are shouting in your ears. If you have smokers on either side of you, there is just no where for the smoke to go, unless they are leaning over the verandah with their cigar or cigarette hanging overboard. But the ash trays are right next to the sliding doors, so people tend to smoke near the ash trays, and the smoke just goes onto your verandah. Honestly, I have never complained about smoking on verandahs before because I have always found that the smoke dissipates enough for me not to mind it on a regular balcony. But in this case, it was really pretty bad.

Also, there is a lot of foot traffic on Deck 11 with the grilles and pools, etc. The forward elevators are near the concierge rooms. This just brings lots of traffic as well as makes it harder to get an elevator after deck parties.

There is less going on on Deck 12 so not as much foot traffic and easier to get an elevator. Also, the verandahs on Deck 12 are not enclosed.

There are only misters (no pool) on the concierge sun deck. On the Dream, I don't think you'll find many people using it due to the shorter cruises. However, it is a nice, quiet little hang out, full of comfy chairs. From many parts of the sun deck you can see the ocean.

Archived