RCCL or Celebrity?

Could anybody tell me the differences between RCCL and Celebrity? Most specifically between RCCL Brilliance and Celebrity Summit? Which would you recommend? Why? Suggestions would be more than welcomed!

In 2002 when Brilliance was only about two months old we took her on her first T/A crossing. It was a beautiful ship in every way and the service, food ,etc were all excellent.

Four years later we made a T/A crossing on the Celebrity Constellation. I didn't think things could have been better than on RCCL / Brilliance but Celebrity actually cranked the experience up a notch.

I realize my Celerity cruise was six years ago so others can tell if things have changed since then. At that time our experience was that Celebrity was a slightly upclass experience.

When we boarded there were white gloved waiters with complimentary chamgagne. The public restrooms had cloth hand towels to dry your hands on and before dinner and at other times you could find a string quartet playing, etc. Those are just the things that popped into my mind.

I don't recall the food being any better on Celebrity vs RCCL Brilliance and both experiences were wonderful. All things being equal I would choose Celebrity but I think RCCL is also a good choice.

Archived