Captain Hook Adult Adventure- Falmouth

harvestmoonfarm

• 2 weeks later...

My parents did this and they really enjoyed it. They said the crew put on a good show and that the food was good as well.

We did the family adventure and enjoyed it as well. It was an entertaining couple of hours.

If you would like to see a review search in the Royal Caribbean page for a cruise review by Trainman - he included some pictures. He recommended this as well. Here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1548559

Harvestmoonfarm: would love for you to post a review upon your return. We are a group of 12 going on Alluer in October and looking for something to do. Unfortunately one of our gang does suffer a bit from sea sickness so not so sure if this would be ok for her. I would appreciate an honest opinion when you return. Thanks so much and enjoy your cruise.

MA Cruisers (and Others) -

We just returned from Falmouth and did the Captain Hook Family experience. This 2+ hour block was probably the highlight of our week!

My kids are 8,6,4 and everyone loved. My wife and I also found it funny and exciting.

You meet the "crew" at the trolly stop like the rest of the tours and then walk to the spanish galleon. Mobility issue - it was about a 4 minute walk over level flat terrain. A scooter or wheelchair would be fine. I read Trainman's review and if I remember correctly mobility is something he and Judith are always cognizant of so I think you should be fine. However once on the boat beware - you have to go down tight stairs for the bathroom and food.

The pirates do plenty of silliness with the kids like the pirate's creed, singing, dancing, firing the canons, etc. Then they disappear for a bit and come back with baloon swords and edible sugary "booty".

Later on Capitan Callico Jack invades the boat and a nicely choreagraphed sword fight occurs between Captain Hook and Captain Jack's pirates. I noticed how good a job they do putting the other pirates between the action and the spectators. That is a positive thing - it was clear they were in a position that if something happened the crew was going to get banged not the passengers.

You sail in the harbor for about 10-15 minutes and then anchor for the duration until sailing back in.

The food on the family adventure was not very good, but that was not why you choose this. Do not count on this for lunch as it will be served at the end 2:45 ship time (edt) and most adults will just hold off. It was include all you want rum punch, red stripe, water, soda.

Finally, like all good tour operators they have pictures to sell you...we actually bought ours for $20 which includes a "hand carved" frame - sticker says made in China.

This is a hit for families and will be thoroughly enjoyed by adults when can relax and be a little silly.

Archived