"Rush It"?

In reading a cruise review about the NCL Spirit, the poster mentioned they got "rush it" who took their luggage to the airport, while they stayed downtown and did some sightseeing.

Does anyone know about this service and is it available for all airlines?

This would be a big help since our flight doesn't leave New Orleans until 5:00pm.

Thanks for all information.

In reading a cruise review about the NCL Spirit, the poster mentioned they got "rush it" who took their luggage to the airport, while they stayed downtown and did some sightseeing.

This would be a big help since our flight doesn't leave New Orleans until 5:00pm.

We used a service in New Orleans last year where we checked our bags at the port and then got them at the airport. I don't know the name of the company, "Rush It" doesn't sound familiar, I've seen BAGS program mentioned frequently though. Hopefully someone who has used it recently can give you more info, but I think you'll be in luck :)

We used them last year and can't say enough nice things about them. We were on the Spirit and they were set up right outside the terminal door as we exited. We actually left a bag, which was TOTALLY our screw up, and with one phone call they were kind enough to get it on a later flight for us. I would not even hesitate to use them again. My husband said they kept him from sleeping in the dog house for awhile. ;)

I would think they would cater to all with their type of service. The number on their claim ticket is 504-471-0080 if you want to verify your airline.

Pat

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1527671&highlight=rush+it+courier+service

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1336913&highlight=rush+it+courier+service

There are some pictures in one or both of these threads found on the Gulf home port section.

We used the Rush It service when we sailed on NCL's Spirit out of New Orleans. Thought their service and price was good. We'd use them again.

Thanks for posting this question. I saw their area at the pier when I was on the Spirit in September and was going to try to use them this time as our flight is a little later in the afternoon.

I used the BAGS program on the Pearl last May for a late afternoon departure from Seattle.

It cost $20 for 2 bags and you get a boarding pass for your flight the day before the ship docks.

You leave the bags outside your door the night before and see them again (hopefully) at baggage claim

If it is available on your ship I highly recommend it

Archived