Carnival Conquest to head Down Under?

I thought this one deserved it's own thread...

Rumours have started that Carnival Australia will bring another ship to Australia. With the Carnival Destiny (set to be refurbed and renamed the Carnival Sunshine) due to replace the Conquest in New Orleans from Nov 2013, Carnival haven't said what will happen with the Conquest. Coincidentally, Carnival Australia have a bunch of TBA bookings at the OPT in Sydney (so whatever ship it is, it's too big to go under the bridge) from Oct 2013.

So we have Carnival, replacing a 110,000 ship in New Orleans in Nov 2013 but they haven't yet revealed where it will go. And a bunch of TBA bookings for a ship too large to go under the Bridge in Oct 2013.

What do you reckon peeps?

I thought this one deserved it's own thread...

Rumours have started that Carnival Australia will bring another ship to Australia. With the Carnival Destiny (set to be refurbed and renamed the Carnival Sunshine) due to replace the Conquest in New Orleans from Nov 2013, Carnival haven't said what will happen with the Conquest. Coincidentally, Carnival Australia have a bunch of TBA bookings at the OPT in Sydney (so whatever ship it is, it's too big to go under the bridge) from Oct 2013.

So we have Carnival, replacing a 110,000 ship in New Orleans in Nov 2013 but they haven't yet revealed where it will go. And a bunch of TBA bookings for a ship too large to go under the Bridge in Oct 2013.

What do you reckon peeps?

Except this cruiser booked the Carnival Conquest in March for the following cruise in December.

"I booked our December cruise today. We are doing the Conquest out of NOLA."

Following the dry dock, Carnival Sunshine will embark on a schedule of nine- and 12-day Mediterranean voyages from Barcelona and Venice from April to October 2013 then launch year-round seven-day Caribbean departures from New Orleans beginning November 2013

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/6907-carnival-destiny-to-undergo-155-million-refit-to-become-carnival-sunshine-.html

When is conquest due for a refurb, i would love if they spent another 100 million on making the Conquest really special and it send it down under.

The Spirit looks nice with the new touches, but from what i've seen, still looks old and worn out.

I went to a Carnival presentation tonight arranged through a local TA and Carnival Spirit will make her "home" here.

We were told that there will be 84 cabins that adjoin so that extended families can be next to each other and have access to each other's rooms.

We were also told that the on-board currency will be AUD and there will be no auto-grautities added to the room account.

And the CD is a man from Sydney.

I have to say that the presentation must have put together in a hurry - I wasn't impressed with the slide show nor the videos and I'm not rapt in the decor either. And not all cabins will have refrigerators in them either.

Luckily I cruise for the ports and to have a holiday rather than fuss about the decor .. but I'm undecided if this is a ship I want to cruise on...based on what I saw tonight.

And the CD is a man from Sydney.

I have to say that the presentation must have put together in a hurry - I wasn't impressed with the slide show nor the videos and I'm not rapt in the decor either. And not all cabins will have refrigerators in them either.

Luckily I cruise for the ports and to have a holiday rather than fuss about the decor .. but I'm undecided if this is a ship I want to cruise on...based on what I saw tonight.

The Cruise Director is a man called Stu. I had him on the Spirit when they actually announced it. So we all heard it from him. He was ok but he kept acting overly Australian, as it really entertained the Americans onboard. hopefully he doesn't act like that in Australia.

I have to agree on the decor, its horrible and looks like overkill. Plus the ship was crowded then and now they have 400 more passengers on board.

Archived