Gem itinerary:2 days in nassau due to high winds

navigator71

If you look around as you enter the tender port you see just how much they have dredged already. The two hill tops are left from dredging and you can see the scars all over the water line.

I love nature in many ways what NCL has done to GSC should never be allowed and would not have been in USA. They own it and are making it work for them, in the Bahamas I think that is all that matters. If you check out the clearing of the new mega resort the Chinese are building to compete with Paradise island you see something that rivals the stuff done in Dubai with the palm islands.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-bahamas-resort-2011-2#the-resort-will-take-up-3000-feet-of-beach-1

I love GSC and understand what they are doing. Each time I go I wonder when I will see a green peace shipping protesting it and RCCL island next door.

Same happened to us in May 2010 on the Jewel. We have been to Nassau plenty of times, but we were just as happy to have an overnight. We hired a stretch limo to take our family to Atlantis for an evening. It was a fun night. We were able to spend the entire day shopping and beaching without feeling rushed to get everything in before heading back to the ship. We felt it was a good call by NCL.

Archived