NCL Kids club on Bermuda cruises

katyf

We are considering one of the NCL ships for cruising to Bermuda this summer (either out of NY or Boston). I'm wondering, though....usually there is an add'l charge for kids club while in port. How does this work on Bermuda cruises, since you are in port for several days?

I am interested in this too and have bookmarked this thread. If no one else really knows, I can report back from our May 18 Dawn sailing.

I have read here that when in port overnight, kid's club is still without cost for dinner and early evening, with no charge until after 10:30 (the group sitting hours). I mean: it is my understanding that the fee-based "port play" is only during daytime hours. If someone else can speak from personal experience, that would be helpful.

I have also read folks talking about the new kid's crew roll out on the Gem who noted that the kids' daily activities sheet (is theirs called the freestyle daily too?) had ceased charging on port days, except for during meal times.

I can't access the links from work so unfortunately, this reply will not be as helpful as I'd like it to be. Look for CruisinMama06's posts. She has in her sig file a link to all the kids club schedules including ones from NCL showing a different ship but a bermuda 3 days in port itinerary. I think it's only charged during the day in port for "port play", but the evenings until late evenings are free.

I can only answer from MY experience in Bermuda. And yes they "did" charge for port days during the day. And then at night they opened for free. BUT they did introduce the new program and I was screaming from the rooftops for them to stop charging for the port play in bermuda. So I would be ecstatic to see the new program and see no charge!!! Let me look around and I will get back to you.

One of the recent returning cruisers from gem posted that they thought they aren't charging for port play but it's not confirmed yet ;)

I just saw that and this would be wonderful! I'm pretty sure we're going to do a bermuda cruise this summer w/ the kids, but I'm waiting until I get some clarification on the new kids program before pulling the trigger.

Archived