Inside cabin

I like the layout above it seems a lot roomier, we have had the square shape as well Baja 408 and you always had to be careful when coming out of the bathroom as the dressing table was right there.

We also had another different shape Plaza 312 which is the same as the Pacific Dawn cabins as it had the open space wardrobe when you came out the bathroom and a sort of dressing area but it had 2 side tables in the middle not one so didnt seem as long.

We have Plaza 231 on our next cruise on Sun Princess and I think it will be like the photos as it looks longer and it goes the length of the ship not across the ship.....so long as we have a bed and a shower we are happy !!!

I think the longer cabins are better as well thats why I asked for no upgrade when we were told the last cabin available on Plaza was P231 so we grabbed it.

The other trick with insides is to pick ones with easy access to the outside decks then you get the best of both worlds. On Diamond Princess there were ones where a couple of steps and through a door and you were at the adults only pool on the aft deck...that would have suited me.

Sue

I like the layout above it seems a lot roomier, we have had the square shape as well Baja 408 and you always had to be careful when coming out of the bathroom as the dressing table was right there.

We also had another different shape Plaza 312 which is the same as the Pacific Dawn cabins as it had the open space wardrobe when you came out the bathroom and a sort of dressing area but it had 2 side tables in the middle not one so didnt seem as long.

We have Plaza 231 on our next cruise on Sun Princess and I think it will be like the photos as it looks longer and it goes the length of the ship not across the ship.....so long as we have a bed and a shower we are happy !!!

I think the longer cabins are better as well thats why I asked for no upgrade when we were told the last cabin available on Plaza was P231 so we grabbed it.

The other trick with insides is to pick ones with easy access to the outside decks then you get the best of both worlds. On Diamond Princess there were ones where a couple of steps and through a door and you were at the adults only pool on the aft deck...that would have suited me.

Sue

Yes, I agree, we have one of these rooms on both the Ruby next month for 33 nights and next year on the Diamond for 24 nights. But keep this location a secret , we don't want too many people to find out about it!

Looking to change to a twin bed set up after reading this thread. We have a long inside cabin on the Dawn Princess and a square inside one on the Diamond Princess later this year. Should I also change the Diamond booking to a twin or are the Diamond cabins slightly wider/ larger than the Dawn's?

Looking to change to a twin bed set up after reading this thread. We have a long inside cabin on the Dawn Princess and a square inside one on the Diamond Princess later this year. Should I also change the Diamond booking to a twin or are the Diamond cabins slightly wider/ larger than the Dawn's?

The Diamond insides are a better layout. You will have no problem with having a queen bed configuration.

Mothballs, please look after the ship for us as we r on her after u. :)

callmewhatever, I would love to stay on the ship for the cruise you are going on but unfortunately I won't have enough annual leave entitlements.Work is interfering with my ability to cruise;) I hope you have an enjoyable holiday.

Regards Elaine.

Anna i'd def change to a twin on the Dawn....seems to make the room bigger

bob

Anna i'd def change to a twin on the Dawn....seems to make the room bigger

bob

We are booked in an inside cabin on Dawn Princess for Tasmania 5 night cruise 2013-

I still like sleeping with the old fella even though we have been married nearly 26 years

We are booked in an inside cabin on Dawn Princess for Tasmania 5 night cruise 2013-

I still like sleeping with the old fella even though we have been married nearly 26 years

Yes, we always have a queen. Those photos you see above were taken when we arrived in the room. The steward changed the singles to a queen, which suited us for cuddling but was a pain in the neck as you had no room to get around the bed, you had to step over the corner and there wasn't much room on the side either but once you were in bed it was fine. More floor room in this cabin than a normal inside even with the beds as a queen.

The only problem with the queen configuration is the "hump" in the middle. On the Diamond the beds had that heavy steel frame/base thing and the mattresses were a bit saggy so I felt like I was sleeping in a hammock. Hopefully they have replaced some of the bedding on both ships it was a bit tired to say the least. Take your own pillow too...the ones onboard squish down to nothing leading to pain in neck. The beds are my only whinge about Princess the ones on HAL and Royal Caribbean were much better IMO. However being rocked to sleep at sea makes up for it.:D

Sue

We had non-sagging mattresses on Sun Princess, but the beds are pretty firm so we were glad we took the precaution of pre-ordering egg-crate toppers. As you say Sue, the pillows do 'squish up'. I was thinking of asking for another, but managed OK with the two - I don't like pillows that are too high.

I too find the pillows a problem and ask for extra and then place two pillows into one pillow case.......works better for me.

We always have the egg crate topper and that seems fine to help any saggy matrice!

Have a great day..it's a holiday Monday here is SA-yeah!

B&B

Archived