Port Canaveral and Miami, things to do????

judyf

I'm hoping my friends here on the Carnival board can help me. This board is much more active then the NCL board.

I always try to book private excursions in the ports and have gotten great ideas from this board that have made my cruises so much better. I've been searching and haven't found much of anything on these two ports.

I know many of the CCL ships sail from these ports and that many of us do things in port pre and post cruise. Please give me some ideas of what's there to do.

If you could pleasre post what you have done or plan to do in these two ports?

What private tours can you do in Miami and Port Canaveral??? The port board is very hard to look for info on these two ports.

Please help!!!!

There are a number of things to do in both ports, especially if you rent a car.

Just off the top of my head....

In Port Canavreral you can go to the Kenneday Space Center. There is enough to do and see there to burn up most of a day. Or you can go over to Orlando and do any of the theme parks there. Or you can just go to the beach and hang out. We took an excursion to the Indian River to see Manatees and other wildlife but pretty much just saw a bunch of birds. I would recommend the Kennedy Space Center.

In Miami there is Parrot Jungle, Monkey Jungle, Miami Seaquarium, Miami Zoo Flamingo something, Butterfly World, Bayside Marketplace, Miami South Beach or one place that I always wanted to see, The Coral Castle (as seen on "In Search of" many years ago. Oh there are also plenty of excursions to the Everglades to see alligators and such.

You should just go a Google Search for Florida tourism.

Have fun

In Miami you are better off renting a car and doing it on your own. I like to go to Bayside Marketplace for lunch as there are many places to eat there and then grab one of tour boats that takes you around the islands of Biscayne Bay. It's a nice hour and a half ride. Gets you ready for the cruise. Of course you have South Beach and plenty to do there and just people watch. You can see some real winners there.:)

I am not a big supporter of Pt. Canaveral as I think the place needs to grow some more. You do have the space center which is close by and of course Orlando and the attractions are not more than an hour away.

You cannot rent a car at the port as Avis was the last agency and they closed down. Someone posted on one of the boards and I cannot remember which, but they stated that one of the car rental agencys had a return desk at one of the hotels near the port and they shuttled you to the port. Maybe check out some of the major car retal companies.

Archived