Carnival Glory

kimwilly

Hi,

We were on her in Oct. of 2004. We had a great time. We like her so much that we are now booked for August of 2006. I'm now waiting to get my income tax back and I'm going to book her again for Oct. 2006.

I had my daughters and niece going with us in August. But for one of them this time frame won't work. So My sister our friend and myself are still going in August. so now I'm booking for Oct. and I'm going with the girls. I have never done four in a room. So wish me luck.

Back to the Glory. We really did love every part of her. But we aren't that hard to please. Give us a ship and some sunshine and we are pretty happy.

If you choose her I don't think you'll be sorry.

Carla

We board the Glory for her Eastern tour in just six more day's, I can drop a line when we return.

I can tell you this now ,,, On this sailing there are 2 or 3 couples that this cruise will be a return trip for them, they all loved the Glory.

Look here http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/carnivalglory.htm

Lots of review's and pics of the Glory.........

They have a couple of websites where they have an ample amount of reviews:

1. Right here at cruise critic--Just type in Carnival Glory in the search option.

2. www.cruisereviews.com ---they have reviews for nearly every ship in the world.

3. www.epinions.com -- this site isn't geard towards cruising, but if you type in Carinval Glory you will find a lot of reviews too.

We were on the Glory in March of this year (Western itinerary during Spring Break). We really loved it. We were delayed due to weather several times -- leaving Port Canaveral, because Orlando's airport had closed due to stormy weather. (People who booked flights with the cruise line were delayed, so we waited for them.) Still, we left port without 435 people. Some who booked air through cruise were flown to Belize to meet us. (The Jones Act prevented them from meeting us in Key West.)

We were a little late (not much) into Key West. We were about 1.5 hours late into Belize (delaying some excursion departures). Our excursion was scheduled for 8:45, and the earliest excursion left the ship at about 9:00 that day (it was scheduled for something like 7:30). This WAS a problem for people who had booked excursions privately! The excursion tickets are your tender tickets for Belize, but people without Carnival-issued excursion tickets were not supposed to go to the gangways to board the tenders until later. Also, DH and I were on the LAST tender back to the ship, because our Cave Tubing trip was delayed in returning by a fire at the landfill outside of Belize City. The road was blocked, so our bus couldn't get back to the Tourist Village on time. The ship DID wait for us, because we had booked through the cruise. (It was $40 more total than booking privately, but saving $40 isn't worth it to me, being left in a foreign country to fend for yourself in getting to the next port or home.)

High winds and currents delayed us into Progreso. Winds were strong enough that some decks were closed. Deck 9 forward was closed, and it didn't even have any furniture on it to blow around! The two longest excursions were cancelled entirely (Chichen-Itza being one). There was no way they could go and make it back in time for our scheduled departure.

I'm not complaining about my experience, because we enjoyed it, but DH and I are more laid back. We roll with the punches. (I'm really glad we didn't slam into the dock now in Progreso, and now I understand why the CD (Carlo Lombard) kept applauding the captain for his skills at maneuvering the ship in Progreso -- considering the RCL GOS experience in Costa Maya.) We actually BACKED into our slip, which was very impressive at the time (without knowing we could have slammed the concrete dock!).

I just wonder if March is generally a time of rough seas? We did roll in the bed quite a lot (we were on deck 9 forward).

I still wouldn't change anything, but you were asking about the Glory in March.

Just got off the Glory 4/16 Eastern sailing. We loved the cruise (I'll get a review posted this week sometime.)

We have already booked another on the Glory for 10/8 and have no regrets what so every.

The Glory is a beautiful ship and the crew are friendly and respond to the typical 'thank-you' and react in-kind to how they are treated I think.

I don't think you can go wrong on any Carnival ship, and always have the occasional less-than-nice person to deal with, but that was the exception from our experience.

Good luck,

Karl

We sailed the Glory (eastern itinerary) last month. It was spring break so the ship was full---3500 passengers! We had a fabulous time and enjoyed the ship and the ports of call. We had balcony cabins and every penny was worth it! Good luck with your planning.

We were on the Glory in March of this year (Western itinerary during Spring Break). Our excursion was scheduled for 8:45, and the earliest excursion left the ship at about 9:00 that day (it was scheduled for something like 7:30). This WAS a problem for people who had booked excursions privately!

Also, DH and I were on the LAST tender back to the ship, because our Cave Tubing trip was delayed in returning by a fire at the landfill outside of Belize City. The road was blocked, so our bus couldn't get back to the Tourist Village on time. The ship DID wait for us, because we had booked through the cruise. (It was $40 more total than booking privately, but saving $40 isn't worth it to me, being left in a foreign country to fend for yourself in getting to the next port or home.)

**This is exactly why I am hesitant to book an excursion outside the ship's excursions. I have heard all about how crowded and impersonal they are but the one excursion I did book through Carnival, though it was crowded, was wonderful. It was the tour to Chichen Itza.

Deck 9 forward was closed, and it didn't even have any furniture on it to blow around! The two longest excursions were cancelled entirely (Chichen-Itza being one). There was no way they could go and make it back in time for our scheduled departure.

**One of our days at sea was very breezy too. You could hardly walk on deck 9 without having to hold onto something to keep from being blown down or away. No furniture was flying around but certain places on the deck were breezier than others. If you had booked the Chichen Itza excursion and had to miss it, I hope you get the chance to go again. It was so worth the time and money.

(we were on deck 9 forward).

**Our cabin was on 9 forward also, 9230.

We are considering booking the Glory for next March. Please give us your opinions before we make the final decision.

Thank you!

We were on the Glory to the WC last May. It was our first cruise so my opinion may be a bit biased. That being said, I think you will like the Glory. We had a balcony cabin and enjoyed every minute. We went to only one show because we enjoyed our cabin, the balcony and the ship's open areas so much. We spent a lot of our onboard time just walking around on the deck. We were very partial to deck 9 forward and aft. The ship is wonderful, the service was excellent, as was the food. Our cabin didn't leave a thing to be desired. I was actually pleasantly surprised that the cabin, bathroom and closets were as roomy as they were. I had heard that a ship's cabins, etc. were tiny (must have been people who had sailed on smaller ships. I don't know.) I've also heard that the eastern Carribean is much prettier than the western Carribean but I just don't see how.

WE too will be cruising on the Glory this Saturday! We LOVE Carnival and will meet up with Flygrass whom we met on here!

We will post our review upon arrival home too! It really helped us make our choice this past year when we were booking.

Good Luck with your decision but I think your trip is what you make it too!

Julie :D

Just got off the Glory 4/16 Eastern sailing. We loved the cruise (I'll get a review posted this week sometime.)

We have already booked another on the Glory for 10/8 and have no regrets what so every.

The Glory is a beautiful ship and the crew are friendly and respond to the typical 'thank-you' and react in-kind to how they are treated I think.

I don't think you can go wrong on any Carnival ship, and always have the occasional less-than-nice person to deal with, but that was the exception from our experience.

Good luck,

Karl

WE just booked the glory for 10/8 today. We did not cruise last year so i cant wait to get on a ship. WE booked an 8d on the lido deck. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just sailed the Glory on 4/9 and absolutely loved it! We haVe sailed Carnival 4 other times and thought this was our best one yet. Port Canaveral is a wonderful and new port. Our wait was minimal and not a lot of ships dock there. It's relatively new so things look really nice. We stayed the night before in Orlando but wished we had have stayed in the Cocoa Beach area. We landed in Orlando and got a car from Budget and dropped it in Cocoa Beach on Saturday morning. No problems and the wait was only a few minutes to get the shuttle to the port. We did the western itinerary and loved it. Do a tour in Belize (we did Goff's Caye through the ship and loved it). Progresso was not the greatest and suggest doing a tour there. There is an all inclusive resort day pass that is offered right at the pier for $30 per person. Wished we had have done that since the beach in our opinion, in Progresso was not good. For us, we thought it was very rough and actually felt a bit uncomfortable and went back to the ship around 11:00 a.m. or so. The area at the pier is all brand new and very nice. Lots of early tours at this port since it's a long bus ride to Chitzen Itza. We loved the ship and it's crew. It's beautiful and we had a 8a balcony on upper deck. We loved the room better than the cat 11 suite we had on the Triumph two years ago. Upper deck was perfect and right in the middle of the ship. We were in 6284 which is close to the forward elevators and it was perfect. We had the 6:15 p.m. seating in the Golden Dining Room. Right near the atrium lobby and theater. Had a table for 2 and celebrated our 20th anniversary (not until October). Our service was fantastic and the food excellent. Thought the food on the Glory was better than the Triumph two years ago but know Carnival is trying to improve. Don't miss the chocolate buffet on Thursday lunch time! It wasn't really hot during our cruise and the winds were pretty strong especially the days at sea. If you want some quiet time, go all the way up to deck 14 (sun deck) and get some chairs right at the front of the ship. We sunned there a few times and it was wonderful! Also, be sure to go all the way forward on deck 6 and out the side doors. There is a great place to watch the stars there! Also, we were there coming into Key West and it was great! Any questions, let me know. You'll love the Glory!

It appears we made the right choice in choosing our next cruise. Sounds like a great ship. We will doing be doing the Eastern itinerary and are really looking forward to flying into Port Canaveral rather that Miami as we have in the past. We appreciate your reviews and will welcome more, good or bad.

Thanks again!

We were on the 4/9 Western sailing of the Glory, and we were underwhelmed. We didn't have a bad cruise, but we enjoyed other cruises more than this one. Carnival decor didn't appeal to me: public rooms too dark and gaudy, but why wasn't there some decoration for the deck party on Thursday night? Buffet food was bland and routine. Entrees in dining room were very good, soups and desserts were good, but the appetizers were minuscule and the salads were boring. Shows were loud and impressive, but the entertainment overall was not as interesting as on other ships. The four 18-year-old girls we had taken with us kept wondering where the fun was on the "fun ship"! (They've had a blast on other cruises, so it wasn't that they didn't like cruising.) Embarkation and debarkation took 3-4 times longer than with other lines. One bright note: our inside cabin was more spacious than any other that we've had. You're not likely to see me on Carnival again.

Happyshelly,

It will be great to have you join in the roll call for the 10/8 sailing.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=135264

I noticed on the other thread that you said that you are driving down. Thats funny because my hubby wants to drive down also, he says heck it is only 14-15 hours.

Michele

Interesting how one person can love a cruise and another person doesn't. We sailed on the 4/9 Glory cruise and absolutely loved it but we have always sailed Carnival. Loved going out of Port Canaveral - much easier than Miami and the port is so much newer. We loved the itinerary (4 islands was great) as well as the ship. My DH says it was our best vacation ever - I would agree!

Archived