Early Booking Questions - RCCL For 2013

Marley-Bop

Hi all

We have picked our ship (AOS), picked our itinerary and seen the prices so have a rough idea of what we will be paying for a family of six - Four adults and two children aged 4 & 8.

The questions are, do we book on the release date and if so with a TA or direct with RCCL UK? To get the cabin combination we want OV with connecting balcony, I know we will have to book early but wth over a year to go, the price may drop so that we can get two balcony cabins connecting which would be great but one cabin would have to sleep 2 adults & 2 children.

I still get confused with how price drops work in the UK, some TAs seem to give them if you push it enough so I am swaying towards RCCL in the hope of price drops etc but have never booked with them direct before. Also, the TA's seem to be able to offer better deals than RCCL themselves :eek:

Last question, if I can SOMEHOW?? work out how to book on the US RCCL site, am I likey to get a better deal and am I allowed to do that?

Sorry for so many questions, If it was just me and my hubby then a few £££'s difference wouldnt be a problem but paying for six, I want to get the best prices I can.

Angie X

You will not be able to book on the website on the 19th, otherwise everyone could do it, therefore it is TA or RCI. I would get it in writing if you are using a TA that they will honour each and every price drop...:rolleyes:

Some claim ignorance.

I have used both TA's and booked directly with RCI. I know that the prices with a TA tend to be a little cheaper, however, I have now decided to only book direct with RCI

The reason being is that you can normally get an onboard credit or try and negotiate one (ok, not always but you may be able to get something). Its also worth phoning twice as you can get a different obc offer with different staff!! Sometimes it works out about the same as the saving you get booking with a TA.

You are in total control of your own booking. Phone RCI if you have any issues and they will talk to you straight away. No going through a third party.

Also, RCI will definitely honour a price drop (albeit only one now for us in the UK, or you have to pay an admin fee). Travel agents are a bit hit and miss on that one!!

Booking with US TA/RCCL does not always mean the cruise will be cheaper, ok yes most of the time it does but I think the most important factors when booking with US TA are, you can cancel without losing deposit, change cruises without admin fees and price drops are usually easier to get. But do remember if the price drops after final payment with US booking you do not get refund/OBC..whereas in the UK you get refund.

I have used a US TA for many years. I stopped booking in the UK when RCCL brought out the admin fees etc.

I have friends who booked with US TA but for last minute bookings for Europe/Med they usually book with RCCL UK.

This past week though there have been prices for the Adventure for this year which were so much cheaper booking in US than UK.

Archived