DirectAir

INTERLINER13

they're giving people the chance to challenge the payment through their credit card company to get their money back. Direct air was basically a charter airline that leases planes and crews...

so, no rebooking on other airlines or anything, just money back and an 'I'm Sorry'

we also have direct air at our local airport (rockford IL) my parents just came back on friday from punta gorda...good timing!! our local airport is looking for airlines to charter to get the people from rockford to punta gorda. most have made alternate arrangements but our airport is trying their best to get the passengers out. our little airport rocks!

A friend of mine has friends and co-workers stranded in NC because of directair. I love my Southwest Airlines right now!

I love southwest airlines. I was forced to select another airline company to go to Alaska and the booking experience was horrible. I was amazed at how difficult it was to book a flight with the other airline and how rude the rep on the phone was. Plus the baggage fees!!! Ugh!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed the news on this one. What's happening with Direct Air? I saw a friends status on my facebook which said her brother was stranded in Myrtle Beach because of Direct Airlines.

Direct Air finds it necessary to suspend flight operation from Tuesday, March 13, 2012 until May 15, 2012. This decision was made to address operational matters. We are currently evaluating strategic alternatives for Direct Air.

Direct Air is committed to our passengers, employees, and the communities we serve.

Please check back here for more details.

Very Truly Yours,

Direct Air

Basically they just up, and shut down. Leaving people unexpectedly stranded across the country.

we also have direct air at our local airport (rockford IL) my parents just came back on friday from punta gorda...good timing!! our local airport is looking for airlines to charter to get the people from rockford to punta gorda. most have made alternate arrangements but our airport is trying their best to get the passengers out. our little airport rocks!

I also had Direct Air at my local airport (Springfield, IL). I just got an email from the airport saying they will having a press conference at 10:30am tomorrow to discus other options for people wishing to fly to south Florida. SO it sounds like they too are seeking other alternatives to Direct Air. And ,y airport also sent another email stating if you had tickets you can apply to the insurance company in your ticket contract to make a claim for your paid tickets on cancelled flights.

Another poster was correct...they did not pay their fuel bills and we denied fueling at Myrtle Beach, SC on Monday night.

Us!! Getting on Destiny in morning. Made it to Hyatt tonight and let me tell you yesterday was stressful. We had other plans in Fort Myers that fell through, then booked Destiny. We had a drive but the flights were $79! As they say, you get what you pay for. This last minute cruise became very expensive. We were lucky to get one way with southwest rapid rewards.

Good news, we are going on cruise no thanks to Direct Air.

Many others were not as lucky. One child affected was 8, scrimping to see ocean for first time. Family spending money they didn't have due to medical Bills they were celebrating his remission. The community came together and now he us getting a great trip to ocean as many were heartbroken to see him on news. How many more vacations were ruined. They did well for 5 years then this.

Anyway. We are going on Destiny and celebrating St Patricks Day.

Archived