Charleston Port Parking Question

missdebi

It has been 2 years since we sailed out of Charleston on the Fantasy. Our last cruise we did stayed in Mt. Pleasant and did a park and cruise which worked perfect, we did the early luggage drop off and walked around Charleston until time to board. This trip we may have to arrive at the port the day of embarkation~we only have a 3 hour drive~can you tell me about parking at the port, what time can you start parking and are the lines still long to enter the parking area? I just want an overview of someone's experience, thanks!

It has been 2 years since we sailed out of Charleston on the Fantasy. Our last cruise we did stayed in Mt. Pleasant and did a park and cruise which worked perfect, we did the early luggage drop off and walked around Charleston until time to board. This trip we may have to arrive at the port the day of embarkation~we only have a 3 hour drive~can you tell me about parking at the port, what time can you start parking and are the lines still long to enter the parking area? I just want an overview of someone's experience, thanks!

In the past year the flow of traffic to drop off the luggage and park has gotten better. You can only start to park once the parking warehouse garage is cleared from the debarking cruise. This is usually completed around 1030 and they start parking shortly after.

Archived