Transatlantic entertainment

Toots

Salut les Azamariens francophones! Il serait sympa de parler français à bord! Est-ce que ça vous intéresse d'avoir un cocktail francophone pendant le voyage?

Hélas! Je n'ai jamais appris de jouer l'échecs.

Marion, I'm willing to tutor on a little basic French during the trip if you, or anyone else wants. I'm not a serious grammarian, more of a conversationalist and reader and I make no claims to be a trained teacher; just a lover of the language. I've studied it off and on since I was 11 years old and I'm WAY older than that now! :0) At any rate I think we could cover enough to make life easier while in France.

Cheers,

Ron

Salut les Azamariens francophones! Il serait sympa de parler français à bord! Est-ce que ça vous intéresse d'avoir un cocktail francophone pendant le voyage?

Marion, I'm willing to tutor on a little basic French during the trip if you, or anyone else wants. I'm not a serious grammarian, more of a conversationalist and reader and I make no claims to be a trained teacher; just a lover of the language. I've studied it off and on since I was 11 years old and I'm WAY older than that now! :0) At any rate I think we could cover enough to make life easier while in France.

Cheers,

Ron

Hi Ron - I bet we could get a few Cruise Critic folks together to take you up on your kind offer - it would be fun! Let's talk about it when we get on the ship.

Marion

Cheers,

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for your offer! I may be interested as well. I got maybe 20% of your French, as I am remembering it from my one year of high school French, and I am WAY older than that too!

Diane

A few years back on Celebrity, Rosetta Stone language courses were offered.

There was a taster/info session and then you were on your own to sign up and work thru the course of your choice at your own speed and times. As I recall it was on the pricey side.

Is Rosetta Stone available on Azamara ?

Thanks. (Merci)

Cheers,

Ron

Cheers,

Ron

Salut, Ouais, ca m'interesse beaucoup qu'on se retrouve pour un cocktail francophone, peut-etre avec Paul et Nancy Bernard s'ils veulent bien et n'importe qui d'autre. Pas de probleme concernant les echecs. j'at tres peur que Paul aille dire la meme chose a propos de moi. (Mike et Barbara Halpern)

Je me demande si nous devons attendre jusqu'à nous sommes à bord de programmer le cocktail francophone? Je suppose qu'il serait assez facile de faire une annonce dans le bulletin quotidien mais c'est la première fois que j'ai pris Azamara et effectivement, je ne sais pas. Qu'est-ce que vous en pensez?

Je me demande si nous devons attendre jusqu'à nous sommes à bord de programmer le cocktail francophone? Je suppose qu'il serait assez facile de faire une annonce dans le bulletin quotidien mais c'est la première fois que j'ai pris Azamara et effectivement, je ne sais pas. Qu'est-ce que vous en pensez?

Je pense que c'est une meillure idee d'attendre jusqu'a l'embarquement et puis, comme vous suggerez, d'essayer de faire une annonce. Si cela prouve difficile ou impossible a faire, on peut toujours circuler l'idee de bouche a oreille. Autrement, je ne connais personne qu'on puisse contacter d'avance. De toute facon, la perspective de prendre l'apero avec vous nous plait beaucoup.

Hey Marion, Sorry not to have written bi-lingually! I had suggested a French-speaking cocktail party in an earlier post, then suggested we might want to do a little announcement in the ship's paper after we leave. Not sure how easy that is on Azamara. Ludwigvb said it's a good idea to wait. What do you think?

I don't think Amazara lets people put together little events and promotes them in their daily program (I don't know the name of their daily activity sheet - it's my first time on Amazara).

I suggest you pick a day/time/location and let everyone know about it at the Meet & Greet. You are the perfect promoter to get this moving. I will come and smile a lot - not understanding a work of French.

Marion

Would like to hear from cruisers that are planning to take the train on April 29 from Rouen to Paris City Center. I need one more couple to share a taxi-van,total 6 people, leaving the ship at 7:30 AM, arriving your address in Paris about 2 hours later. This will eliminate the taxi from the ship to the Rouen train station, lugging your luggage to the train platform, carrying it on the train, taking your luggage of the train in Paris, lugging it to the street and looking for a taxi to take you to your address. The price will be about $60 per person plus tip. It should be about the same as doing it the hard way.If interested, e-mail me at safety@trusty-step.com.

Archived