Coco Cay Question

Cruisin824

Ok we are looking to book Allure once the 2014 season opens up. Does anyone know if they are working to bring the Oasis class ships to Coco Cay? I have been to Labadee so is Coco Cay that much different and am I missing out on much if Allure doesn't go to Coco Cay by the time I am ready to cruise? And yes we are set on trying an Oasis class ship.

Even more confusing RCI says on their site that the Oasis class sails to Coco Cay. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do?portCode=CCA

CocoCay is a tender port so it cannot accomodate a ship as large as Oasis/Allure. I believe I read somewhere that it is also too shallow to be dredged for a pier to be built (as they did at Labadee).

CocoCay is much nicer than Nassau, but I wouldn't say that you are missing out if you take Allure to Nassau instead of CocoCay. Allure is all about the ship and not the ports.

IMO CocoCay is not nearly as nice as Labadee

I believe that the Bahamian authorities that lease Cococay (Little Stirrup Key) to RCI would never let dredging begin because of the coral ... the ecosystem is pretty fragile. That said, now that they've finished Labadee, it's much nicer anyway (I was a huge fan of Cococay before they finished the renovation of Labadee).

That said, now that they've finished Labadee, it's much nicer anyway (I was a huge fan of Cococay before they finished the renovation of Labadee).

I was in Labadee in '07 before the pier was built. What has changed besides that?

Archived