Honyemoon Cruise Booked!! Caribbean Princess 8/6/05

Hi.....I am so excited to hear about everyone's great news!! My fiance' and I will be honeymooning on the Caribbean Princess Eastren Caribbean 8/6/05! We are super excited. Does anyone know of any special things to ask the cruise line to do to make it extra special? Gift baskets...ect. It is my fiance's first cruise (I have cruised before) and I want it to be great for him and a memorable experience (other then just being his honeymoon!) We are going to St. Martin, St. Thomas and Princess Cays! Also I would love to talk to other brides-to-be about all the stress before the wedding! I made the mistake of making my invitations instead of ordering!! yea it ad's a personal touch but O'my what a task!! Anyways...best of luck to everyone!! :)

Thanks and congrats to you!! I know you will have a wonderful wedding and a great time cruising for your honeymoon. If you let the cruise line know that it is your honeymoon, they sometimes decorate your door as well as the two of you will get a cake and a card from the captain. The other thing you can do is purchase one of their honeymoon packages. There are two different ones.

Honeymoon Experience $140

• Bottle of champagne accompanied by two long-stemmed roses
  • Two Princess engraved souvenir champagne glasses
  • A framed formal portrait
  • Chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to your room the first evening
  • A personalized card for you honeymoon from the Captain

Or

Deluxe Honeymoon Package $420

• Champagne breakfast in bed (morning of your choice)
  • Two Princess waffle robes that you can take home after
  • A visit to the lotus spa for a 30 minute therapeutic massage or facial per person
  • Choice of canapes or petits fours in your stateroom every evening

Personally, if you don't want to do any of these I would still let them know. Best of luck to you!! If you want to talk, just give me a yell!!:p

Congrats! I know you will have a great time on the cruise. From everything I had read and talked with about on these boards, there is so much to do and lots of fun. One word of advise to look into for your FI since this is his first cruise. As you jknow with being on a cruise before some people get affected with the ship. I know on my first one I did, now I'm fine, but boy was that an experience.

The honeymoon packages are also great. I had a friend recently go on Princess for her honeymoon and they took advantage of the Deluxe package, they said it was great.

I'm getting married aboard the Caribbean Princess in September and I'm starting to work out the final details. Dont' feel alone about making your own invitations, I am doing that not so I know what you mean about all the work. It's been fun, don't get me wrong, but WOW what a lot of work.

Now that I'm finally starting to get some answers from TWE with Princess my nerves are calming, but the FI, that's another story :p . He is going nuts trying to be involved with everything which is great, but I think he is going to go crazy before the whole thing is even a month out!

Anyhow, congrats again on your up coming wedding and honeymoon.

Shelly

Great advise!! Maybe I will purchase one of the packages....or mention to my sister for a wedding gift idea! :p I am on the home stretch with the invitiations....got the FI to participate in ribbion tying...some people will have lop-sided ribbions but after the first 10 he was doing a great job!! :) Also have to get the dressed hemmed (it's made for someone 5'9 which isn't really working on my 5'2 self!!). I am way excited. The FI is nurvouse...very nurvouse! He is 30 and having a midlife crisis over giving up the bachelorhood after such a long haul!! HAHA!!

Has anyone been Eastren Caribbean before? How was it?

We are also spending a week at the Walt Disney World Resort before driving to Ft. Lauderdale to board the cruise!! I think I am going to need a vacation from my vacation!! I am looking forward to WDW though. I have been before but didn't stay at the resort itself and only for 2 days so this will be extra special!! He has never been so we are getting it out of the way before we have kids....then we can do it all over again once the grow up!!

Good luck on your weddings....I can't imagine having the wedding on the cruise...how special!! Who all is coming?

CruiserFromAK,

You will have a great time at Walt Disney World Resort. I stayed there when I went about 4 years ago. How fun will that be for you and your FI..... Good luck with the rest of your planning, and happy wedding!!

My FI and I have 20 people sailing with us for our wedding on board. I can't wait. I have 69 days to go as of today. I feel I have a lot completed. Sorry I can't help you on the eastern. I am doing the western.:p

Archived