For those who've been to POM before...

huneymoonerz

We are meeting up with DH's grandparents (active 90 year olds!) and our friend at POM the morning of our cruise. I believe we are all in different hotels due to our arrival times the night before.

How big is POM?

Is there a place or a landmark we can all meetup?

DH's grands are traveling as VIPs. Do you know if we can board with them?

We will have small children in tow.

It's pretty big. There are multiple terminal buildings for the various ships in port. Your best bet is to meet up outside the building for your ship before checking in, or find each other in the waiting area after checking in. If you take a cab or shuttle to POM, they just need to know what ship you're on and they'll bring you to the right building.

VIPs get to wait in a different lounge so it's best to meet up outside before going through security. There is usually only one large doorway open for arriving passengers so it is a central spot everyone has to pass through. The VIPs will be boarded before the general population. You can board with them if you are in the same cabin. Your boarding pass will need to say VIP on it.

Arrange a recognizable spot on the Lido deck to meet on board. The VIPs can grab some drinks and hold a table until you get there.

I agree on meeting on board. When you get to that ship, the last thing you want to do is wait for someone to show up. You're pumped to get on board and start your vacationing. So why add the stress. Just meet them at the lido deck somewhere.

Have a great time!

I would suggest meeting them at the atrium lobby. Most people getting onboard will go up to the Lido deck where it is crowded and hard to find people. The lobby has lots of sofas and usually doesn't have that many people in it. We have met people there on several cruises.

I would suggest meeting them at the atrium lobby. Most people getting onboard will go up to the Lido deck where it is crowded and hard to find people. The lobby has lots of sofas and usually doesn't have that many people in it. We have met people there on several cruises.

good idea!!

Archived