ocean suite on the legend.

2girlsnlovefl

i am currently booked in a extended balcony. is the ocean suit worth the extra $$$$ ??? my partner just got into nursing school and this will be our last big vacation for about a year and half. i really want to do it but only if its worth it.

I would say only if you got a good upsell deal for it. Yes the cabin is bigger and a little nicer. There is a separate dressing area with vanity, extra closets, the bathroom has double sinks and a full size jacuzzi tub/shower (much better than the small shower in the regular cabins). The balcony is about twice as wide. If you plan to spend alot of time in your cabin and on the balcony it might be worth it, but otherwise save your money toward your sail & sign or port excursions;)

Have a great time...the Legend is a great ship!:)

We upgraded from an extended balcony to an OS on the Miracle when the price difference dropped to $75.00/day. We've sailed OV, balcony, and OS in the past, and figure that this is what the extra space, larger balcony, and VIP embarkation is worth to us (our personal benchmark). At the end of the day, though, a lot depends on what you can afford to spend. It wasn't all that long ago that spending the additional $$'s wasn't an option for us. Now, with the kids out of the house and their college paid for, it's a different story.

we had an ext aft booked, 2 months out prices dropped, and dropped and then resident and past guest rates appeared...within 2 weeks I had racked up about $700 in OBC's; my TA suggested an OS rather than the OBC's (there are 3 of us and we love cabin/balcony time away from the crowds) so I took it. We ended up with an OS on the Empress deck (nice location) for basically what we paid for the aft balcony....more cabin, more balcony! IMO a great deal. :D

We loved our OS on the Legend's sister ship Miracle. You can see lots of pics of it in the review in my signature, they are on the first page I believe. If you can swing it, go for it! Otherwise the extended balcony is pretty decent too!!:D

Archived