Dawn to Bermuda Cruise Questions

Boardwalk

Hi all,

Have a number of questions regarding our upcoming 7 day trip from Boston to Bermuda at end of April on the Dawn.

1. Can we book specialty dinner reservations ahead of time of do we do that once onboard?

2. For the regular dining, I know we can go at any time, but is it helpful to call ahead to reserve a table?

3. Is there any way to find out what evening events are on which nights in advance? I am wondering which night to plan our specialty restaurant but don't want to miss a terrific show.

4. Any recommendations for the spa? Benefits of a Day pass? Any other thoughts?

Thanks for all info!

Hi all,

Have a number of questions regarding our upcoming 7 day trip from Boston to Bermuda at end of April on the Dawn.

1. Can we book specialty dinner reservations ahead of time of do we do that once onboard?

2. For the regular dining, I know we can go at any time, but is it helpful to call ahead to reserve a table?

3. Is there any way to find out what evening events are on which nights in advance? I am wondering which night to plan our specialty restaurant but don't want to miss a terrific show.

Thanks for all info!

to many answers for me to go through and read them all so i will just put my two cents in because i was on the dawn in august.

1. i believe you book it once you are on board, but it wouldnt hurt to call NCL and double check!

2. they have never allowed us to call and reserve a table, first come first serve method.

3. know that the last night normally has the big dramatic spectacular show, that being said, there is two times for the show per night. 7 and 9 if my memory serves me correctly. so if you go to dinner at 6:30 or even 7 you can still absolutely see the amazing show they have planned for that evening, or go to the show first then eat dinner! :)

4. they have "good" specials going on the first day you board, that is always where my grandmother goes first when we get on the ship. i say "good" because it is still over priced:) but your on vacation! so if you want to spend some time in the spa you deserve it! they also have some good deals on port days also!

the ship is beautiful, and the shows arent to be missed. very talented dancers and singers, the comedian was hilarious. and paul scally is great. enjoy your cruise!

Hi all,

Thanks for all info!

Hi, I was on the Dawn from 3/7-3/18. Beautiful ship with fabulous service & great entertainment! You'll love her :D

1- My NCL (or whatever it's called) allows you to book ahead of time. We could not figure it out and did it for Le Bistro once on board the ship (right next to the Guest Relations office is the specialty dining reservation desk). There was never a line, and the reservations are literally made in a moment.

2- I'm not sure if this holds for all parties, but when you are a in a larger party (6+) and want a table at a certain time, you can reserve a table 24 hrs in advanced as long as it is not from 7-8:15 pm in the main dining room. We were told by the Venetian's Maitre'd that from 7-8:15pm is high volume time, as people who want to watch the 9pm show trickle in, and those leaving the 7pm show arrive. We were a group of 8 and unfortunately did not learn about this until about a week into our 11 day cruise (it would have been very helpful!)

3- We found out from the crew that the shows do vary from week to week, depending on who the fly-on entertainment is & what days they are available. Unfortunately, you will need to wait and see until the Dawn does it's first cruise to Bermuda this season to get an idea more or less, and even then, everything is still subject to change.

4- The Spa is worth it, but if you are use to the Pearl/Jewel/Epic with the thermal suites, you will be disappointed as this ship does not have a true thermal suite (I was on the Jewel a few years ago...now that was a thermal suite!) However, there is a relaxation room for both men and women, and then the separate relaxation areas as well. The lap pool is very nice, as is the hot tub (great after a long day at port!). The steam room is tiny though! (No joke) the steam room is probably somewhere around the size of your stateroom bathroom :o At one point we had a "full house" in the steam room and there were only 5 of us there.

Day pass vs week pass? Depends on how much you are planning on using the spa. If you want to try to enjoy it as much as you can, it may be worth the extra $ to invest in the week long pass. On our 11 day cruise, many people bought it the first day, however, there were plenty of passes available so that the second day they dropped the prices and were still selling day passes throughout the cruise (they limit the spa passes to 40). The first day the pass was $159, the second day it dropped to $119.

Archived