Oasis of the Seas with limited mobility mom

WL56

O, good - easy to spot. Walker Mom & Multi-coloured hair - Long?

Maybe we will even recognize one another from Vegas.

Last year, 13 days transatlantic on NCL Epic, the Hotel Manager lent me his personal chord to plug in my scooter in the hall. I was lucky because, although the halls were narrow, there was a wider hall just off the narrow one and seldom used except by cabin stewards because only the Linen room was off this hall & then another door to the main hall to go from stern to bow. I had a 100-square-foot Inside Studio. The 100 square feet also included the shower & toilet room. It would have been difficult climbing over the scooter at night.

Cheers,

Donna

What's the elevator wait time on Oasis like with a scooter? Honestly that's my biggest concern on the ship - getting to everything on time. We've got conference sessions, dinner, shows etc and I just have this vision of having to wait 20min for an elevator that has room for the scooter.

At the conference in Las Vegas last year I was appalled at the number of people that would just push their way in front of the scooter when we were waiting for elevators - several times it meant having to wait longer because by the time those pushers got on the elevator there wasn't room for the scooter anymore.

The key on all cruises or hotels is if possible, to go just a little bit off the peak times.

We were just on the Allure last week and the passengers were among the best mannered that we have cruised with. No problems at all, just kind people.

Also, if it is busy, taking the elevator in the opposite direction of the flow is much easier that fighting the crowds. On the Allure, the aft elevators were not nearly busy as the forward elevators.

We had very few medium waits the whole week.

Unfortunately with a conference there's not much flexibility. 15min between classes and 1 hr for lunch. Yes I could have missed some classes but then for me that kind of defeats the purpose of going to a conference - I'm already missing several due to shore excursions! So we're going to have to just try and fight the crowds unfortunately. We'll see how that goes!

Archived