Athol Island Snorkel Excursion

thegreens

Has anyone done the Athol Island Snorkel in Nassau? We've done some amazing snorkeling in Puerto Rico and we've done average snorkeling in Grand Caymen and Key West. I'm just wondering how this excursion compares. Are there a lot of fish? How is the coral? TIA.

I did the Seahorse Snorkel last week, and it takes you to the same place. Its about a 45 minute boat ride from the port in Nassau; the Seahorse and Athol boats are maybe 300 feet away from each other while everyone is snorkeling.

It was probably my favorite part of the whole cruise. Crystal clear waters and all sorts of schools of vibrant topical fish. The plant life is amazing as well. The reef is amazing and not very deep, maybe 10 or 12 feet or so. You can dive down and touch the bottom.

I don't know about Athol, but on Seahorse we got unlimited rum punch (strong!) on the trip back!

• 4 weeks later...
I did the Seahorse Snorkel last week, and it takes you to the same place. Its about a 45 minute boat ride from the port in Nassau; the Seahorse and Athol boats are maybe 300 feet away from each other while everyone is snorkeling.

It was probably my favorite part of the whole cruise. Crystal clear waters and all sorts of schools of vibrant topical fish. The plant life is amazing as well. The reef is amazing and not very deep, maybe 10 or 12 feet or so. You can dive down and touch the bottom.

I don't know about Athol, but on Seahorse we got unlimited rum punch (strong!) on the trip back!

I had planned on doing the Total Package Watersports Cruise- Is that the same one? It says beach stop at Athol Island? Can anyone tell me what the Island is like? Are there chairs or hammocks available? I don't think we get rum only the lunch with a beverage. (pop or water)

Archived