Millennium Gloucester Hotel

Hi-

We are staying there too the night before we leave on the Golden Princess. We got a great rate on priceline a couple of months ago. From the research that I have done ( mostly on their website and tripadvisor.com, it looks like a decent hotel in a great location. Apparently the hotel is right across the street from the Gloucester tube station that houses 3 train lines. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I wanted to try priceline - but we are traveling with our 6 year old son and on priceline we are not able to put in for three people. Any suggestions on using priceline with three people. He can sleep in a king bed with us - but I know the hotels in London don't always accomidate three people.

Any suggestions on Priceline.

I know what you mean. We have ten people in our group and 4 of them are children. I ended up booking 5 rooms just in case. I would suggest that you call some hotels first on the biddingfortravel.com site before bidding on priceline. Read what others have said as I have always found the info. the key to successful bidding on priceline.

Just to let you know, even though we had to book 5 rooms, it was still less expensive than getting the same rooms on any of the other websites. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I did decide to risk it and try priceline for the 3 of us in London. I was lucky enough to get the Millenium Gloucester - which I was hoping for! We got it for $85 for 7/30 precruise. This was a huge savings and I think we can to get a king size bed or a rollaway for the night.

Thanks

Hi,

You're in a great location. I'll try + post a link to a map so you can see where abouts you are (not sure if it'll work).

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&cidr_client=none&lang=&pc=SW74LH&advanced=&client=public&addr2=&quicksearch=SW7+4LH&addr3=&addr1=

If you can see the map, your hotel is right by the Science Museum with the Natural History Museum and the Victoria & Albert Museum nearby.

You'll also see Harrods quite close by and, just to the left of the picture, Sloane Street. If you're into shopping go there, if you don't want to spend much, avoid it like the plague (especially if you're travelling with any females) :p Oxford Street is also a great place to shop- just get off at the Oxford Circus tube station.

You'll be fine for transport- you've got a tube station right by your hotel. The great thing about the tube, particularly if you're site-seeing is that you can get a day's pass for £4 which is think is around $7/$8 :confused: Even when we're not site-seeing we get this because it's just the cheapest way to get around.

It's hard to give anymore advice about places to see without knowing what sort of things you'd like to see but with the tube you can go to any attraction that you want- you're not just restricted to Kensington (where your hotel is).

If there's anything else I can help with, ask away :)

I am glad that you were able to get the hotel for the great price of $85. That is the same price that we got on priceline for our stay on 5/21/05. We bid over two months ago. They must still have rooms aval.

I am excited for such a great location and have fun on your travels.

We've stayed at this hotel about 5 years ago. It's right across the street from a major Tube station and a wonderful down to all the museums previously posted. There are certain days of the week where after 4:00 pm, the museums are free...we walked through them and saw so many wonderful museums (granted we had to go through them quickly as it tends to be the final hour or 1-1/2 hours before closing)...

The hotels are like our version of the Marriott...clean, amenities that we're accustomed to here in the states...

Archived