snorkel in Grand Turk and St. Thomas

kidfanz

We are cruising on the Liberty the end of May. Just from reading I think Grand Turk and St. Thomas will offer us the best snorkeling. Other stops are San Juan and Half Moon Cay. So far I'm leaning toward Saphire Beach in St. Thomas on our own, but I don't have a clue for

Grand Turk. We prefer to avoid the marked up price of cruise excursions wherever possible. Also trying to get a perspective of what it will be like. So far the best snorkeling we have seen was at Tabayana Beach in Roatan. Grand Caymen was pretty good, Cozumel ok, Can anyone else who had done these and GT or ST give a perspective? Anyone know if there are tour operators in Grand Turk who know the best places to go and are reasonably priced? Not really interested in deep water snorkeling as we have yet to see much that way. And if you might know the best possibliity of seeing turtles.

Book a private snorkel tour with Blue Water Divers. They're fantastic. They wanted minimum of four people, so we connected with another couple on our Roll Call board. Short cab ride to their office [i think it was $5 each]. Went out on a small boat with a guy who seemed to know his stuff. Took us to three sites, but would have done more [or less] if we asked. When the big, loud "party boat" came along at one site, we left to find a quieter spot. When we were done, he took us to shore at that bar everyone talks about in GT [can't remember the name]. We decided to make the short walk back to the ship from there.

Would go with them again in a minute!

Archived