Carnival Conquest Review 3/18/12

Well here's my review!

We stayed the night in NOLA before the wedding at the Hilton Riverside (next door to the port...we could walk there if we didn't have so much to carry on!). We were told to be at the port no later than 10:30. I of course wanted to be there earlier than that, wanting to be the first person there. SO we left the hotel at 9:30, thinking we would have plenty of time to check out and get our stuff to the terminal. WRONG!!!!! We found a spot in Fulton Garage to park then had to track someone down to help us get our bags and things. Once someone came to help us (a little after 10:00) they brought our stuff down to the front for us to catch a bus to the terminal so that we wouldn't have to walk. Good idea, right? WRONG AGAIN! The traffic trying to get to port was awful!!! We started getting calls from our guests that they were waiting on us to get there and they wanted to know where to go. I had no idea what to tell them since we were still on a bus! We didn't get to the port until 11:00!!!! All of our guests ended up getting there before us, and we were just next door. It took us 1 1/2 hours. We should have walked!!!!!! Luckily my wedding coordinator, Jill, gathered all of our guests and let them on the ship to start exploring. Once we finally arrived she was waiting on us and rushed us through to the front of the lines to get us checked in and to my room. Once I was in the room, I noticed that the room steward (Yugi) had spread rose petals over the bed and had the towel animals folded into 2 swans that were kissing, forming a heart shape. So pretty!!! The photographer, Mary, called asking what time she could come and take pictures. We were so rushed from being so late that I had to hurry up and get my dress and jewelry on so that she could come before I had to go down to the ceremony.Everything was so fast!! Now I know why they say to have your hair and makeup done before you get there! There really is no extra time for these things!! While I was getting ready in the room, Jill brought my FI to the ceremony location, which was in the Gallery to meet with the officiant and give him the marriage license and go over the details of the ceremony. Mary came in to take pictures when I was ready before Jill came back to get me. Everything went so fast, I wasn't sure what was going on. But Jill kept reassuring me that everything was fine and everyone was in the Gallery waiting for me. We went down to the Gallery where my dad met me to walk me down the aisle. Everything was beautiful and went really smoothly, just like Jill said it would!! Mary was there taking pictures of the ceremony and took some afterwards also. while, Jill brought my guests down to Henri's Night Club, where the reception was. (I booked the DJ and knew this is where the reception would be.) Then she came back for my groom and I. When we got there we noticed all the screens outside the Disco with our names on them congratulating us. That was really nice! The DJ announced us coming in, and Jill brought us straight to the cake table. (the cake was really nice. I didn't order anything special, just used what they offered, even the topper!) We cut the cake and fed each other before drinking our champagne. Our bridesmaids and groomsmen gave their toasts, then off to the dance floor for us to dance our first dance. After the dance we got the chance to mingle with our guests. The bar staff made sure everyone had drinks in their hands and the Dj and Jill made sure everyone was having a good time. We had the 1 1/2 hr reception and it seemed to go by pretty fast (glad we decided on that vs the 1 hr). I had some mixed reviews on the food from my guests. Some of them liked the food and some did not. I did not get the chance to try any of it!! But it all looked really beautiful and the ice sculpture was gorgeous!! When it was time for everyone to go, Mary took us outside the Disco and took more pics! When it was all over, we were pretty tired and ready to get changed and started with our cruise, which by the way was also wonderful!!!!

So in ending the wedding ceremony and reception was all wonderful!!! The only problem we had was the traffic getting there, but that is no fault of Carnival. They were very understanding and made sure that we still stayed on schedule! Jill and Mary were both wonderful and life savers!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! I'm already talking to my daughters and encouraging them to have their weddings with Carnival also.......in 20 years!!!

Sorry that everything ran together........

I have been waiting for your review! I was thinking of you on your wedding day! I am so happy for you also! And I am glad everything went smoothly!

Would love to see some pictures!!! You have made me even more excited for my wedding! I still have 387 days to go!!!! :)

Congratulations again!

Thanks for your review! I'm getting married on the Conquest June 5th. We are getting married on day 3 of the cruise so hopefully getting onboard will be less stressful. Your post made me smile! Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
Well here's my review!

We stayed the night in NOLA before the wedding at the Hilton Riverside (next door to the port...we could walk there if we didn't have so much to carry on!). We were told to be at the port no later than 10:30. I of course wanted to be there earlier than that, wanting to be the first person there. SO we left the hotel at 9:30, thinking we would have plenty of time to check out and get our stuff to the terminal. WRONG!!!!! We found a spot in Fulton Garage to park then had to track someone down to help us get our bags and things. Once someone came to help us (a little after 10:00) they brought our stuff down to the front for us to catch a bus to the terminal so that we wouldn't have to walk. Good idea, right? WRONG AGAIN! The traffic trying to get to port was awful!!! We started getting calls from our guests that they were waiting on us to get there and they wanted to know where to go. I had no idea what to tell them since we were still on a bus! We didn't get to the port until 11:00!!!! All of our guests ended up getting there before us, and we were just next door. It took us 1 1/2 hours. We should have walked!!!!!! Luckily my wedding coordinator, Jill, gathered all of our guests and let them on the ship to start exploring. Once we finally arrived she was waiting on us and rushed us through to the front of the lines to get us checked in and to my room. Once I was in the room, I noticed that the room steward (Yugi) had spread rose petals over the bed and had the towel animals folded into 2 swans that were kissing, forming a heart shape. So pretty!!! The photographer, Mary, called asking what time she could come and take pictures. We were so rushed from being so late that I had to hurry up and get my dress and jewelry on so that she could come before I had to go down to the ceremony.Everything was so fast!! Now I know why they say to have your hair and makeup done before you get there! There really is no extra time for these things!! While I was getting ready in the room, Jill brought my FI to the ceremony location, which was in the Gallery to meet with the officiant and give him the marriage license and go over the details of the ceremony. Mary came in to take pictures when I was ready before Jill came back to get me. Everything went so fast, I wasn't sure what was going on. But Jill kept reassuring me that everything was fine and everyone was in the Gallery waiting for me. We went down to the Gallery where my dad met me to walk me down the aisle. Everything was beautiful and went really smoothly, just like Jill said it would!! Mary was there taking pictures of the ceremony and took some afterwards also. while, Jill brought my guests down to Henri's Night Club, where the reception was. (I booked the DJ and knew this is where the reception would be.) Then she came back for my groom and I. When we got there we noticed all the screens outside the Disco with our names on them congratulating us. That was really nice! The DJ announced us coming in, and Jill brought us straight to the cake table. (the cake was really nice. I didn't order anything special, just used what they offered, even the topper!) We cut the cake and fed each other before drinking our champagne. Our bridesmaids and groomsmen gave their toasts, then off to the dance floor for us to dance our first dance. After the dance we got the chance to mingle with our guests. The bar staff made sure everyone had drinks in their hands and the Dj and Jill made sure everyone was having a good time. We had the 1 1/2 hr reception and it seemed to go by pretty fast (glad we decided on that vs the 1 hr). I had some mixed reviews on the food from my guests. Some of them liked the food and some did not. I did not get the chance to try any of it!! But it all looked really beautiful and the ice sculpture was gorgeous!! When it was time for everyone to go, Mary took us outside the Disco and took more pics! When it was all over, we were pretty tired and ready to get changed and started with our cruise, which by the way was also wonderful!!!!

So in ending the wedding ceremony and reception was all wonderful!!! The only problem we had was the traffic getting there, but that is no fault of Carnival. They were very understanding and made sure that we still stayed on schedule! Jill and Mary were both wonderful and life savers!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! I'm already talking to my daughters and encouraging them to have their weddings with Carnival also.......in 20 years!!!

Sorry that everything ran together........

TWEETYBIRD617! Hope that you have gotten settled back into life and are enjoying your first month of married life! I was wondering if you could send me some pictures possibly! I would love to see some if at all possible! Thank you!!!

Archived