Port Canaveral to MCO Rental Car

sgtgerryf

Just booked the Freedom of the Seas on April 29th and have utilized a rental car on previous trips from Orlando Intl. to Port Canaveral.

Prior rentals were slightly more expensive from the airport to Port Canaveral and dirt cheap from Port Canaveral to Orlando Intl. I was told this was due to concession fees at the airport which sounded reasonable.

Checking Budget and Avis sites recently their costs for a three hour rental are dirt cheap from the airport to Port Canaveral but through the roof for the return trip post cruise.

What's up with that? Anybody know of a code/coupon that could reduce the return car price. Only the wife and I and 2-3 bags so I don't need a huge car. A mid size should be more than adequate for the 45 minute drive.

I just booked with AVIS for a November cruise. It was $1 difference in the base rental cost between going to Port Canaveral and back to MCO. Total difference with all the add-on's was $10.00 with the trip back being more expensive. Must be the "airport concession" fee. At least AVIS doesn't have a "drop off" charge for dropping off at a different location.

YMMV

Thanks for the replies.

I was able to get a code from mousesavers.com (Y937800) that got the rental price plus tax down to $42 for a Chevy Impala which is about double the cost from the airport to Port Canaveral. Still confused why it costs more from PC to MCO than it does from MCO to PC. It was completely opposite two years ago when I did the whole rental car thing.

Saved me about $25.00 over what I was getting with a bunch of other codes I found on-line.

+1 thanks, the codes will come in useful. I also have a Freedom of the Seas itinerary out of Port Canaveral, although further away in September.

out of curiosity, is there any equivalent of aloharents.com (like they do for hawaii) , which acts as a kind of car rental broker for pre-negotiated discount rates? I'm assuming priceline (which I've already visited) is otherwise the default fallback.

Archived