Family Fun Day for Daughter's 7th Birthday During Easter Week

sayla27

So the topic is long but I wanted to be specific enough to generate responses. We will be arriving in Nassau (8 am - 6 pm) on the NCL Jewel on March 28 which is my daughter's birthday but also Easter Week. Originally, I thought it was a no-brainer to do the Atlantis, but after reading posts about the unbelievable crowds, hour-long lines and limited chairs I'm having second thoughts (thinking a summer vacation at a later date is a better idea) which leads to my question: What would you suggest?

I don't mind doing something on my own since it is ridiculous how much the cruise ships charge for their excursions and I am a research junkie (ferry costs, cabs, times, tolls, etc). What are we looking to do? Something memorable for our 7yr old and 4 yr old girls (as well as their parents!) I don't want to go bankrupt but I'm not really worried about cost since I was going to put up the money for the Atlantis.

Really looking forward to suggestions from everyone (especially scubagirl who seems to know everything!)

Thanks in advance

So the topic is long but I wanted to be specific enough to generate responses. We will be arriving in Nassau (8 am - 6 pm) on the NCL Jewel on March 28 which is my daughter's birthday but also Easter Week. Originally, I thought it was a no-brainer to do the Atlantis, but after reading posts about the unbelievable crowds, hour-long lines and limited chairs I'm having second thoughts (thinking a summer vacation at a later date is a better idea) which leads to my question: What would you suggest?

I don't mind doing something on my own since it is ridiculous how much the cruise ships charge for their excursions and I am a research junkie (ferry costs, cabs, times, tolls, etc). What are we looking to do? Something memorable for our 7yr old and 4 yr old girls (as well as their parents!) I don't want to go bankrupt but I'm not really worried about cost since I was going to put up the money for the Atlantis.

Really looking forward to suggestions from everyone (especially scubagirl who seems to know everything!)

Thanks in advance

How about a trip to the zoo to watch the marching flamingos, then a couple of hours at Junkanoo beach (free).. Both are easy to get to and right outside town.

www.ardastra.com

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look into the zoo option -- a bit concerned that the public beach might be packed during the Easter recess. I spent a good deal of time investigating the dolphin encounter and am leaning in that direction. Just trying to figure out if we can do it on our own or should we pay the increased cost to do it through the cruise ship.

Archived