Port Canaveral and Dream Questions

Hot Nail

I am sailing in 5 weeks on the Dream with my wife and two girls. They are 7 and 9 and this will be their first cruise. I think I am more excited for them than they are!!!

Any advice for my girls and what is the best way considering price and convience to get us to Port Canaveral from the Orlanda Airport. Thanks

We sailed on the Dream last March and found the least expensive way to travel from the Orlando airport to the port was to rent a car. We got a great deal from avis (be sure to google promo codes).

We flew in to Orlando the day before the cruise-rented the car-drove toPort Canaveral and stayed in a hotel with a pool (kids loved it). In the morning we drove to the AVIS place down the street, returned the car, and took the free AVIS shuttle to the cruise terminal. When the cruise was over, we did the same in reverse-took the AVIS shuttle from the port to the AVOIS place, picked up our car, and drove back to Orlando. We had a chance to stop at Downtown Disney on the way, which was a fun lace to have lunch.

Shuttles are the most expensive, because they charge per person.

I have booked for our upcoming cruise from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral Town Car Now (www.towncarnow.com) private SUV transportation for $240 round trip (we have 5 people so have to have the SUV instead of the towncar), but a towncar for 4 passengers is available for $220 round trip. It comes out to be similar to what would be paid for a taxi, you get a private well kept vehicle, your driver has been reserved for your timeframe and meets you and assists you with your luggage, a free quick stop at grocery/convenience store is included at no cost. I looked into a couple taxi services and the charges would be similar. A friend has used them before and was happy with their service, and so far Ive had great customer service in making the reservation and them answering my questions.

Another vote for renting a car.

We rented from Budget at Downtown Disney and returned it at Port Canavaral.

On the way back, we went back to Budget right near the cruise port and dropped it off right at the Airport.

Cost was less than 50 dollars each time for a full size sedan!

Catrin

Archived