Titanic 100 year anniversary Cruise sets sail from Southampton

Watched the show on TV last night channel 7, Titantic and I thought it was very ordinary. They really promoted this show, and I thought it was a bit of a fizzer. We all know what the end is going to be.

I agree, it was very disjointed and all over the place in regards to the characters.

The costumes were fantastic, such snobbery in those days ! they showed that more than the actual story !!

Is called class distinction, and then dining in the appropriate restaurant.

But at the end of the day, those who paid the big bucks and those who sailed 3rd class came to rest in the same spot as the crew.

What makes one feel sick about the sinking is how they tried to keep the 3rd class passengers below.

Is called class distinction, and then dining in the appropriate restaurant.

But at the end of the day, those who paid the big bucks and those who sailed 3rd class came to rest in the same spot as the crew.

What makes one feel sick about the sinking is how they tried to keep the 3rd class passengers below.

From what I read it was far worst than that with 1st class often thinking and believing and publicly stating that the 3rd class had no right to live and existance and should have died.

On a personal note from what I have read about the Titanic I think the Captain was culpable and negligent and deliberatly caused many thousands of people to die.

This rule of women and children first caused countless to die and boats left the ship with a dozen people in that could hold 65. If the Captain was anything of a real man and mariner he would have ensured that the boats were filled to capacity with men, women and children and launched in order to save maximum life.

When I was in Singapore recently they had a video that delved into this matter at the Titanic Artefacts exhibition at Marina Bay Sands and elluded to the Captain being responsible for all the deaths. The man portrayed as the hero of the story was Murdoch who attempted to save as many as possible by filling all the lifeboats.

The other amazing thing about the sinking is that no action was taken to slow it, stop it or save more passengers. In hindsight we can say in theory that it may be possible to slow the sinking by counterflooding stern compartments, opening the water tight doors and equalizing the flooding then closing them again, ditching cargo to lighten the ship and for makeshift liferafts, ditching the anchor and chain in order to ligten the bow saving minutes in which the ship stayed afloat.

Titanic is the story that started my life interest in ships and cruising. It was Titanic and Bismarck that started it all as I was only a child when Ballard found them and they were the books I was reading in school from a very young age.

Interesting Sutho, every Titanic story I read/see I always think the captain maybe should have of acted differently or the young men receiving the messages should of taken more notice and made sure the bridge were aware of all the messages coming through about icebergs and that one ship had actually stopped for the night because of them, but of course all this is hindsight and the fact is, we will never know. It would of been horrific, when I think of families with young children going down with that ship just, heartbreaking.

From what I read it was far worst than that with 1st class often thinking and believing and publicly stating that the 3rd class had no right to live and existance and should have died.

On a personal note from what I have read about the Titanic I think the Captain was culpable and negligent and deliberatly caused many thousands of people to die.

This rule of women and children first caused countless to die and boats left the ship with a dozen people in that could hold 65. If the Captain was anything of a real man and mariner he would have ensured that the boats were filled to capacity with men, women and children and launched in order to save maximum life.

When I was in Singapore recently they had a video that delved into this matter at the Titanic Artefacts exhibition at Marina Bay Sands and elluded to the Captain being responsible for all the deaths. The man portrayed as the hero of the story was Murdoch who attempted to save as many as possible by filling all the lifeboats.

The other amazing thing about the sinking is that no action was taken to slow it, stop it or save more passengers. In hindsight we can say in theory that it may be possible to slow the sinking by counterflooding stern compartments, opening the water tight doors and equalizing the flooding then closing them again, ditching cargo to lighten the ship and for makeshift liferafts, ditching the anchor and chain in order to ligten the bow saving minutes in which the ship stayed afloat.

Titanic is the story that started my life interest in ships and cruising. It was Titanic and Bismarck that started it all as I was only a child when Ballard found them and they were the books I was reading in school from a very young age.

That is very interesting Sutho. I still can't believe how the 3rd class passengers were treated.

Did they not want to fill the lifeboats right up because the passengers might be a bit squashed up. All the children on that cruise should have at least been saved.

At least the captain went down with his ship and he didn't fall into a lifeboat.

That is very interesting Sutho. I still can't believe how the 3rd class passengers were treated.

Did they not want to fill the lifeboats right up because the passengers might be a bit squashed up. All the children on that cruise should have at least been saved.

At least the captain went down with his ship and he didn't fall into a lifeboat.

we are only readying what people have writin about what happened and not readying what realy happened,

in saying that there were not enough life boat to take every passenger off the ship fact.

Archived