Need help choosing my trip

filbo132

Im stuck in either choosing the ship for my next trip. Now I'll be going in January and I have to chose between NCL Epic (eastern Carrib.) and NCL Dawn (western Carrib.).

I'll be going solo

If I chose NCL Epic what worries me is:

1) it's in January so the temps maybe a little cool for a swim

2) it will be my second time, will I be bored seeing the same shows?

On the up side:

1)I'll know what to expect

2)Since I'm solo, there will be others there too because of the studio cabins

If I chose NCL Dawn, what worries me is:

1) Since there are less likely to be solo passengers and I hardly make any conversation unless I know the person is solo (that's the way I am :( , will I be bored?

2) the destinations in which the ship will land are in countries in which crime rate is high (Honduras, Belize, Mexico), will I be safe with the cruise excursion guides ?

However on the up side:

1) I've never been to central America, so I'm curious to visit ese place

2) it will be much warmer in January in the countries I'll be visiting versus the NCL epic one since they are more in the south.

3) amazingly is cheaper for me solo on the NCL dawn than the NCL epic

So if you guys were me, which one should I chose, I have hard time making a clear decision and I need your help to chose.

Im stuck in either choosing the ship for my next trip. Now I'll be going in January and I have to chose between NCL Epic (eastern Carrib.) and NCL Dawn (western Carrib.).

I'll be going solo

If I chose NCL Epic what worries me is:

1) it's in January so the temps maybe a little cool for a swim

2) it will be my second time, will I be bored seeing the same shows?

On the up side:

1)I'll know what to expect

2)Since I'm solo, there will be others there too because of the studio cabins

If I chose NCL Dawn, what worries me is:

1) Since there are less likely to be solo passengers and I hardly make any conversation unless I know the person is solo (that's the way I am :( , will I be bored?

2) the destinations in which the ship will land are in countries in which crime rate is high (Honduras, Belize, Mexico), will I be safe with the cruise excursion guides ?

However on the up side:

1) I've never been to central America, so I'm curious to visit ese place

2) it will be much warmer in January in the countries I'll be visiting versus the NCL epic one since they are more in the south.

3) amazingly is cheaper for me solo on the NCL dawn than the NCL epic

So if you guys were me, which one should I chose, I have hard time making a clear decision and I need your help to chose.

Roatan is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We have our 3rd trip for that itinerary planned for 2013 because we love it so much.

Roatan is an island so it does not have the same issues as mainland Honduras.

Belize is a great place to scuba or snorkel( 2nd largest barrier reef in the world) or you can go to one of the Mayan Ruins. Belize City is like any other Carib island- poor... but if you get away from the city you are in for a wonderful time ( I went on an NCL excursion twice w/ my 4yo and did not feel the slightest bit unsafe)

Cozumel is Cozumel....

In Costa Maya head out of the very touristy port area and you will have a very relaxing enjoyable beach day. Check out the ports of call board for some great recommendations.

Also check out your roll call you may find other solo travelers.

The Dawn is my 2nd favorite ship in the fleet but I thought Dawn had the best food.

Feel free to check out my review with pictures in my signature

Roatan is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We have our 3rd trip for that itinerary planned for 2013 because we love it so much.

Roatan is an island so it does not have the same issues as mainland Honduras.

Belize is a great place to scuba or snorkel( 2nd largest barrier reef in the world) or you can go to one of the Mayan Ruins. Belize City is like any other Carib island- poor... but if you get away from the city you are in for a wonderful time ( I went on an NCL excursion twice w/ my 4yo and did not feel the slightest bit unsafe)

Cozumel is Cozumel....

In Costa Maya head out of the very touristy port area and you will have a very relaxing enjoyable beach day. Check out the ports of call board for some great recommendations.

Also check out your roll call you may find other solo travelers.

The Dawn is my 2nd favorite ship in the fleet but I thought Dawn had the best food.

Feel free to check out my review with pictures in my signature

So I gather I should choose NCL Dawn, I have to say, the western Carrib. Has a lot more sight seeing..btw when you say Cozumel is Cozumel..is that in a good way?

So I gather I should choose NCL Dawn, I have to say, the western Carrib. Has a lot more sight seeing..btw when you say Cozumel is Cozumel..is that in a good way?

I love Cozumel :) fun shopping, nice people.

I love Cozumel but its like the Las Vegas or Disney of Mexico!! Starbucks, Hard Rock Cafe etc!!

We did a dolphin swim last year which was fun. I've also done Nachi Cocom beach, walked around and shopped downtown, ate at Pancho's Backyard. My husband will usually scuba dive. Again as long as you don't travel off the beaten path I've never felt unsafe there.

I have done the Epic... prefer the Dawn.

Cozumel is great and I loved Chankanaab national park. My little one was hand feeding about 300 fish in knee deep water. I brought dog biscuits and the fish were digging them. The dolphins and manatees there were awesome and so were the iguana's and the botanical gardens... Mexican style. Great snorkelling there.

No matter where you go... you are sure to have a great time!

Live a little!

Jokelady

I guess Dawn wins hands down, thank you everyone, I can't wait, only 8 months left :(

I'm looking at the Dawn for next January also.

On another note, I was on the Epic in January and the water wasn't too cold for a swim, just for future reference :)

Archived