Eclipse Review 3/31-4/7

PACrew

Just returned from the Eclipse. Given that the ship is heading to Europe next week, Ill keep this short and sweet. There was six of us from 30 to 65.

Embarkation - easy, arrived at 12 and on the boat by 1230.

Cabin - Aqua class 1647 - cabin steward was great, no issues. Location as great as there were cabins on top, no noise at all.

Ship - one word, awesome. Really nice and looked brand new.

Food - Buffet was the best I have ever seen. Lots of selection and great quality. MDR - Ate there the 1,2,6 night and it was great. I did hear that people thought the remaining nights menus were weak. I thought the food was great though. Blu - at 3 nights for dinner and 3 breakfast - it was great, nice selection and service. Quisine - awesome.

Complaint - per the boards, it was our impression that Aqua class was allowed to eat in the MDR on select but that was not the case. They told us on board that we had to go to dinner at either early or late seating. That was news to me. Needless to say, we talked to the bosses of the MDR and it wasnt a problem.

Activities - ok, some good some bad

Music - tons of live music which was all great. The wierd house/trance/elevator music they play throughout the ship is annoying though. I am in my 30s and i found it too repetitive and bland.

Photographers - these guys were horrible. They had bad backgrounds at all the ports. For example, when we got off at San Juan, there was a great opportunity to take a photo with the ship in the background...they guys took them but there was 50 people standing behind you looking clueless. Who wants that? Who also wants the photo with the crazy dolphin, pirate, or sailor...sorry, ill pass. I would have bought photos but they were bad.

Drinks - fair prices I thought and good quality.

Service - great. Bartenders were rude though, I couldnt understand it and I was not on the all inclusive plan. usually I tip more but these guys were just rude.

Other passengers - there were alot of foreign individuals on the ship that spoke Spanish. Some of these people were rude and I witnessed fights (verbal) between American and Spanish. I had not issues but other people were frustrated

Disembark - easy

All in all, great cruise and will be back on celebrity again.

Archived