Jeep ATV Dune Buggy Excursions- Any experiences?

SUNNY D

My husband and I love to off-road and four wheel. We like the idea of the jeep or atv or dune buggy excursions in Cozumel. Question is..there are so many so what to choose? I found the "Cozumel Jungle Jeep Tour" and "The Dune Buggy Jungle Tour" from Cozumel Insider, then there are a bunch listed thru Carnival like....4x4 Tropical Safari, Eco Adventure by Jeep & Snorkel, Jungle ATV Adventure, Caverns by Jeep & Beach Combo, Jeep Adventure to Paradise. Has anyone had any experiences with any of these excursions? I haven't a clue what to choose. Thanks for any advice :)

We did the Dune Buggy tour in Cozumel that we booked privately. I looked at the tour that was listed in the Cozumel Insider and I am sure it is the same one. They use different company's to book it. It was the highlight of our trip and we still talk about it. We did it last month. I will bump a couple of threads up so you can read them.

I have to warn you. I took the Jeep Tour a couple years ago and it was tolerable.I took the same tour, thinking it would be as great as the last time an the road had been so worn an beat up it was really hard on the back. If you're in your early 20's you'll love it, an believe me, Im not on old foogie, I own a Jeep Wrangler specially made for muddin, but having to share a Jeep an sittin in the back with no control or sight of where you're going isnt really cool. My girl got sick on the way up there, an we drove on the way back an we were cool. So if they tell you that you have to share a Jeep with another couple..be ready. Otherwise the tour was great.I reccomend it if the seriously unmaintained roads dont bother you...have fun..

Thanks for the replies. I'm not concerned about a rough ride. DH and I have jeeps that we four wheel all the time. We are pretty extreme so I don't see the excursion being as bad as what we are used to. :)

Those pictures were awesome. Thanks for sharing! I'm torn as to what excursion to take. Passion Island looks really nice. I like the idea of having a little boat ride out to the island also. Is there any snorkeling there?

I still haven't decided between the jeeps and the dune buggies. The dune buggies look fun and different.

We are cruising with another couple who will most likely do what we do. I wonder if we should book together or seperately? I read a post on here that said when you book together they make you take one jeep, even if there are extras. But if you book seperate they will give you your own (if there are extra). I don't care if we are all in one but if there is a chance that we can take two than I think that would be more fun for all of us. If we booked seperate, I'm sure they would let us pick who we go with anyway right? I'm thinking we wouldn't get split up.

Archived