OBC promo for new 2013 sailings question

chepar

I have several questions re the OBC promo (booking by 5/18/12) for Captain's Club members for the new 2013 sailings.

First, is the OBC credit per person or per cabin? We are looking at a 7 night Alaskan cruise and the credit for a veranda is $150. If both people in the cabin are Captain's Club members, would the credit be $300 ($150 each for the two passengers) or just $150?

Second, we have family members that are going with us but are not Captain's Club members. Can they sign up for the Captain's Club prior to booking and then use their membership to take advantage of this promo?

Lastly, my daughter (she is 16) has sailed on Celebrity with me before. We did a Baltic cruise a couple years ago. As I was digging up my Captain's Club number I couldn't find one for her and thought I overlooked signing her up. I tried to sign her up for an account to back credit the Baltic cruise for her and to take advantage of this current offer - I was informed that Captain's Club members had to be 18. So my understanding is that she does not have any credit for prior sailings she has done with me on Celebrity and she would not be eligible for this current OBC offer, correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have several questions re the OBC promo (booking by 5/18/12) for Captain's Club members for the new 2013 sailings.

First, is the OBC credit per person or per cabin? We are looking at a 7 night Alaskan cruise and the credit for a veranda is $150. If both people in the cabin are Captain's Club members, would the credit be $300 ($150 each for the two passengers) or just $150?

Second, we have family members that are going with us but are not Captain's Club members. Can they sign up for the Captain's Club prior to booking and then use their membership to take advantage of this promo?

Lastly, my daughter (she is 16) has sailed on Celebrity with me before. We did a Baltic cruise a couple years ago. As I was digging up my Captain's Club number I couldn't find one for her and thought I overlooked signing her up. I tried to sign her up for an account to back credit the Baltic cruise for her and to take advantage of this current offer - I was informed that Captain's Club members had to be 18. So my understanding is that she does not have any credit for prior sailings she has done with me on Celebrity and she would not be eligible for this current OBC offer, correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I was just on the phone to the Captain's Club with several questions, but it does state that the offer is per cabin, not per person. Your family members will not be club members until after their cruise, so you can't get them the discount before they cruise. But perhaps you could book one of them with you and the other with the other member and that way you would get the credit for both cabins. You would just change the keys etc on board. People do that all the time.

As far as your daughter, she can not now be a member, but when she turns 18 she will be a member at whatever level she has credits for. So if you were to take her on several cruises before she turns 18, depending on length etc. she could be Elite at 18!

What I found interesting though, you can book several cruises for the promo and it will apply to all of the applicable bookings you make for the 2013 and 2014 season. We have it on 2! If you to the Celebrity web page, you can dig a little and find all the sailings and answers for this promo.

Hope this helps.

Pat

Thank you, you've answered all my questions.

I'm glad to hear that once my daughter turns 18 she can get credit for her past sailings on Celebrity.

Interestingly, I did find that she has a Crown & Anchor membership number with RCCL. A little odd that with Celebrity you have to be 18 to be a member but with RCCL you don't. Well, their club, their rules.

Archived