Sapphire Princess-CAT BB-Help Please

Marmarjudy

Hi,

We are sailing with a large group booking for the Sapphire to Alaska in September. Since we are lucky enough to be getting a practically free cabin (group leader, cousin, is comping us) we will go with the BB balcony instead of a minisuite as usual. I haven't researched these cabins as much so your input is really needed.

Please help: am I correct that the best BBs are on Caribe Deck with the larger half covered/half open balcony? Is this better than up top? We would love to have the aft but that isn't an option since we want to be next door to our aunt and friend.

Suggestions please?

Thanks,

Judy

Yes, you are correct about the balconies. We were on Aloha and waved to those below us when they were at their railings. Those decks are twice as big with 1/2 of the balcony covered. We have booked a Caribe Deck cabin on the Coral to get the bigger balcony, Just don't forget about the people above you. We caught a lady on her balcony below us naked until she figured out we could see her.:p

We were in a BB on the Diamond to Alaska last year. We were in A431 Aloha deck and loved it. The balcony is smaller but fully covered. It was raining going through Tracy Arm and the covered balcony was great. We could see all the scenery but were protected from the cold rain. It was also very private - no people looking down on us from above. I have pictures on my link to Webshots below.

Good Morning,

We sailed on the Diamond over last New Years and had a BA on Caribe deck. (What beautiful ships they are!!) The Balconies are MUCH larger than those on Baja and Aloha decks above and are half covered/half open; but enough is covered that we could sit out in the afternoons, even in Mexico and be quite comfortable in the covered half. These Balconies have 2 lounge chairs; a small end table and a large table with 2 chairs and the back half is covered, private and can't be seen from another deck only from shore when in port:D . Wish we could do Alaska again, but the sailing months conflict with our busy work season; maybe when we decide to retire or slow down. Have a wonderful trip.

Marilyn

• 1 month later...

Aloha 429 is fully covered. BA on Lido is also covered, that high up you do feel a bit more sway, but unless the seas are terribly high it is not an uncomfortable feeling. Personally, I would go for the Caribe deck over the Lido to get the larger balcony.

We are going next March. We were booked on the aloha deck but our TA changed and put us in the last balcony, for our category on the Carib. deck.

We were on this deck on the Coral and liked the larger balconies. Since we have other family members, who will be in an inside cabin, the larger balcony will give more room, in case they want to come visit.

Carol

Archived