*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Heidi, I'll take your cool and wet weather over the extremely hot and dry that we are having. It is currently 103 with a heat index of 107 and the low tonight will only drop to 81. I'm glad I work in A/C. I feel sorry for the guys working road constuction.

Rick, that's allot of rain. I wish we had a fraction of it. We are on a twice a week watering system now. Guess I'll spend my Saturday moving the sprinkler around.

Hope everyone is having a great Hump day.

Dave

Dave I don't think that is the same one that I saw earlier. I don't recall the beach part and the boat was a catamaran. This doesn't mention the type of boat and says the sunset may be viewed from the beach.

There are several sunset cruises available in Curacao if you're willing to do a non-Carnival tour. Heidi posted one, through Shoretrips.com which is $68 and includes open bar and appetizers of chicken, shrimp & beef skewers. It's a catamaran with a bathroom.

Another is Bounty Adventures, very similar to the shoretrips one. Catamaran, open bar, appetizers. $45 plus $9 transfer to and from the Hyatt Hotel where it leaves from.

Heidi ~ hope Staci gets a job she likes soon.

Rick ~ sorry about all the rain you've been getting. We've had 2 big rains in the last week, which was just what we needed! The first one put moisture in the ground so we could get our new hay crop planted. The second one was yesterday, and it was good to get some water on our new crop, since the pivot STILL is not up and running!!

The guys have been working on the pivot, but still not done. Had to order the electrical panel, but they think it will be here soon and should have the thing up and running by next week. I've been saying "next week" for about 6 weeks though! :rolleyes:

We brand calves this weekend, so the kids are coming to help!! YAY!! That means I get to see my granddaughter!!! They are coming tomorrow, and we brand Sunday. Today I'm going to make my branding beans and potato salad so I don't have to take any time out of Lily snuggling tomorrow to get that done! :p Mallory is going to make her yummy fruit pizza for dessert, so I don't have to make a dessert this time.

Thanx Dave but I found exactly what I was looking for: All-inclusive cruise (drinks and food included) plus pick-up at the ship for $54.00per person. The "sunset" cruise in Feb. starts at 4:30 and ends at 6:30 so even if you don't eat on-board you can come back and have dinner on the ship if you have anytime dining which suits us just fine. It is Klein cruises onboard the Jonalise. Just google Curacao ssunset cruises. Incidentally the open bar includes wine and mixed drinks also.

I booked the Altos de Chavon and River boat excursion yesterday. That will be one less thing I'll have to pay for in February. I'm still debating the other ports but we still have lots of time.

Rick, the sunset cruise sounds like fun. We may check on that one.

I have read on CC that many of the shops in Curacoa close at 6 pm. I'm still researching that.

Dave

I have read somewhere lately that Williamsted is not a town you want to be in after dark. How true that is...I don't know, but I was surprised to see it considering the Breeze is there until 11:00pm. (On the other hand, the next stop is Aruba and unless they want to go via Jamaica they can't leave too early or they'll be there in time for dinner.)

Good Afternoon. :)

We had an interesting dinner last night. We went to Longhorn and had Eric as our server. He did a good job and of course we tipped him well. He hasn't actually been serving very long. He was a host at the Longhorn in Champaign until he trained for serving just a couple of months ago. he likes the new restaurant. He is already making better tips than he did in Champaign. That's probably due to the fact that the new place is in an area where a lot of people are in a higher income bracket.

I have a good feeling that Staci will be employed very soon. All of her interviews went well this week. Every one of them resulted in call backs. A couple of them she has already decided she doesn't want though. One that she thought she liked a lot at first she went to shadow someone and isn't quite as thrilled about that job anymore but I think she will still consider it if nothing else works out. Another one she will go next week to shadow someone and she's had 2 phone interviews with Groupon that resulted in a face to face interview that she has on Aug. 9th. Dave was so happy that she is finally getting serious about getting a job that he bought her a tank of gas. She had to do a lot of driving for these interviews.

I am not happy about my work schedule next week. I only have 3 shifts. I normally work four. They gave one of my shifts to a brand new host. The only good thing about it is I will have 4 days off in a row which will feel like a mini vacation. I like that but I won't be happy when I get my paycheck.

Have a good weekend. :D

Heidi; With the kids back home and 4 days off you need to book a 3-4 day cruise to nowhere! LOL

God, I wish I lived near a port. LOL

It actually hasn't been that bed but then again, i enjoy having everyone here once in a while. In the past it was very rare for all 4 of us to be together. It's just that this time they will be staying for who knows how long. My house is a disaster too. Eric's crap is all over the place. He hasn't really had time to get organized. Since he's been home he's only had one day off work.

I booked the Altos de Chavon and River boat excursion yesterday. That will be one less thing I'll have to pay for in February. I'm still debating the other ports but we still have lots of time.

Dave

I went ahead and booked the Altos de Chavon and river boat excursion also. Like you said, it is one less thing to pay for in Feb. If we change our mind between now and 2 days before the cruise we can cancel and $ will be refunded.

A beach day in Grand Turk sounds fun. Lots of good reviews about Jack's. Frank will have a hard time walking that far, so we have also thought about renting a Cabana too. I'm not sure how many cabana's they have, but list 5 as being available this morning. Frank may also just stay on the ship and I may tag along with some of you to the beach or walk to jack's.

A sunset cruise in Curacao sounds very good too. Hopefully we can all coordinate and go on the same excursion.

Still looking at Aruba, but the yellow open bus type tour someone else mentioned a while back sounds fun to get an overview of Aruba.

We have never been to any of these places and can't wait.

Glad we are finally under 200 days. :D

I went to the Red Hawk's baseball game (OKC's minor league baseball team) last night with one of my best friends and my DS Chris and his best friend. We had a good time, but it was hot. Today I am having a lazy day.

I went ahead and booked the Altos de Chavon and river boat excursion also. Like you said, it is one less thing to pay for in Feb. If we change our mind between now and 2 days before the cruise we can cancel and $ will be refunded.

A beach day in Grand Turk sounds fun. Lots of good reviews about Jack's. Frank will have a hard time walking that far, so we have also thought about renting a Cabana too. I'm not sure how many cabana's they have, but list 5 as being available this morning. Frank may also just stay on the ship and I may tag along with some of you to the beach or walk to jack's.

A sunset cruise in Curacao sounds very good too. Hopefully we can all coordinate and go on the same excursion.

Still looking at Aruba, but the yellow open bus type tour someone else mentioned a while back sounds fun to get an overview of Aruba.

I went to the Red Hawk's baseball game (OKC's minor league baseball team) last night with one of my best friends and my DS Chris and his best friend. We had a good time, but it was hot. Today I am having a lazy day.

Kathy,

I think the Red Hawks could give their big brother Astros a run for their money.

Other than Margaritaville and Jack's in Grand Turk we haven't planned anything yet. The river cruise looks good in La Romana and a sunset cruise in Curacao would be fun too. We're down to under 70 days 'til our anniversary cruise on the Triumph and we'll get more serious about planning excursions after that.

Ed

Kathy, if you and Frank would like to split the cost of a Cabana that would be fine with Bettie and I. You can have up to four people sharing a Cabana. Bettie will not be able to walk to Jacks. Just let me know and I'll book it. If you need to talk, my email and cell phone number is still the same.

Dave

Edited by Cruisin Dave

Good Afternoon.

I received some information from someone that was on Cupids 2. Ann and Don, Ann was a former co-worker of Bettie, will also be on this cruise. Small world. They just returned from a Baltic cruise on Carnival.

Dave - I saw that on Facebook. I don't remember them from Cupid's II. maybe I need to see a picture.

I think one of my co-workers from the OG might be joining us. One of our servers wants to go with her mom. I have given her all the info and I think she's almost ready to book.

Sue - I hope you had a great time with Lily.

Apparently there is some sort of international youth baseball tournament in town because we had a couple of large groups come in to the OG last night. I was talking to them and found out that they were all from Aruba and Curacao. I was so excited to talk to them. when I said we were going there in February they mentioned Carnival (the celebration, not the cruise line) but I told them we'd before there before Carnival.

I am miserable today. I hurt my back this morning. :mad: I can't stand up straight. I was already unhappy about only have 3 shifts this week and now I had to give away my shift for tonight. We have a couple of college kids who are going back to school very soon and both have asked to pick up as many shifts as possible so I gave it to one of them. I took a muscle relaxer but it didn't help. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Have a good day. :)

I have read somewhere lately that Williamsted is not a town you want to be in after dark. How true that is...I don't know, but I was surprised to see it considering the Breeze is there until 11:00pm. (On the other hand, the next stop is Aruba and unless they want to go via Jamaica they can't leave too early or they'll be there in time for dinner.)

There's a lady that posts on the Curacao port of call board that lives there, and she confirms that parts of Willemstad are not safe after dark. She says if you stay on the Punda side of the street, where the colorful buildings are; next to the canal; then you will be fine. The other side of the street, the Otrabanda, is where you don't want to be.

Got the branding done and I didn't have to brand, I stayed in the house with Mallory and the baby. It was heaven! First time in 25 years I haven't been the person branding the calves! I passed my branding duties to Greg and he did a fine job. This morning, I didn't have a migraine headache like I usually do after breathing in the branding smoke. I think I am liking this Gramma gig!! I will let Greg carry on the branding tradition without me from now on!

Another branding this weekend, and then we'll be done with that; always a relief. I'll still have to prepare all the food, so I'm not totally out of the workload, but not having to be in the corral all morning and THEN get the crew fed is a lot less stressful and a lot less work! Thank you, Lily!! :D

It's very smoky here today from various fires around Oregon. I'm housebound and still feel like crap. I have ringing ears, and feel kind of off balance. It feels like what I think vertigo might feel like. I'm guessing it's from the smoke, because I know some gets inside even with the doors and windows closed. The air conditioner brings some air in from the outside, so you know that has smoke in it. Dang.

Good afternoon Cupids,

Heidi, here is a pick of Ann and Don that I found on her FB page:

[ATTACH]281504[/ATTACH]

Sue, saw the picture of Lily on FB. Love the outfit but hope she wasn't mistaken for one of the calves.

Bettie has her final cataract surgery tomorrow morning. We have to be there at 6 so I need to get up at 4:30. Zzzz!

Later,

Dave

Kathy, if you and Frank would like to split the cost of a Cabana that would be fine with Bettie and I. You can have up to four people sharing a Cabana. Bettie will not be able to walk to Jacks. Just let me know and I'll book it. If you need to talk, my email and cell phone number is still the same.

Dave

Dave, That sounds great. We will go in half with you. Thanks!

Dave - hope the surgery went well for Bettie. Tell her I hope she recovers quickly!

Seems less smoky today, and so far I don't feel too bad like I did yesterday from all the smoke.

Heidi - hope Staci gets one of those jobs!