Beach Excursion, Cabo San Lucas or Puerto Vallarta?

silverwings7272

My husband and I will be in Cabo and Puerto at the end of November. DH has psoriasis and swimming in the ocean seems to be very helpful in preventing outbreaks. We want to swim in the ocean as much as possible. We went on the resort excursion in Cabo 2 years ago (Casa Dorada) and loved it but we can't remember actually swimming in the ocean. ??? We specifically remeber us swimming in Mazatlan but that is not an option :( Is there a better resort/ beach in Puerto Vallarta? Any help/guidance/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Medano Beach is the swimable beach in Cabo. It is lines with restaurants that will allow you to used their lounge chairs etc free as long as your purchase food and drink from them. If you are looking for the more mellow crowd, try out Medano Beach Club or the Sand Bar right next door, or Tabasco's at the far end. The beach is about a 35-45 minute walk from the tender pier is you are looking for exercise, or there are plenty of land and water taxi's available to take you there.

The Casa Dorada has a Beach Club, so I am guessing swimming in the ocean is okay there. We normally stay outside of Cabo itself and swimmable beaches seem hit and miss.

http://www.casadorada.com/facilities_beach_club.php

They do have a salt water spa, so that might be something cool for your husband to look into.

http://www.casadorada.com/saltwater_spa.php

Has he swam much in saline pools vs standard chlorine pools?

• 3 weeks later...

There are tons of beachfront hotels in PV, some are in the hotel zone near the airport/marina and others are right off the popular Los Muertos beach. I too have prosiaris so I know how helpful the sun and seawater can be.

Los Muertos beach sounds a lot like Medano Beach in Cabo, it's lined with restaurants and shaded lounge chairs. I'm not too sure what kind of hotel you're looking for and I also haven't stayed at all of them but hopefully someone else will come along with some suggestions. My advice, go to Puerto Vallarta, you won't regret it ;)

I would recommend Medano beach too. I would take a water taxi and have them take you to Tabasco's beach restaurant. It is at the far end of Medano beach so it is quieter, less vendors and a nice little spot to relax and swim in the ocean.

I prefer Tabascos over the other beach restaurants as it is nice and quiet. The other ones have DJs and MCs on loud speakers and are all around "spring break frat party" places.

PS if you our your husband has mobility issues then dont take a water taxi as you have to jump out of the boat into knee high water. If you do have mobility issues just take a regular taxi and the going rate is about 10 dollars from the pier to Tabascos.

Archived