REVIEW - Navigator of the Seas, March 31 - April 8 (plenty of pictures)

Hello there, Just wanted to let you know that the cookies came from Maryland not Maine. I'm glad that you liked them and that you are using the old bay.....it is really good on popcorn.....I can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Hello there, Just wanted to let you know that the cookies came from Maryland not Maine. I'm glad that you liked them and that you are using the old bay.....it is really good on popcorn.....I can't wait to read the rest of your review.

I thought it was from Maryland. I asked Terri and she said "No, it was from Maine." This is the same person who gets lost with a GPS.

This was our first time at St. Kitts. Were were very excited to check it out. We decided to try the bus/train excursion via the ship. It was pretty darn pricey but we were willing to try it. The excursion was at 10am. We were the 2nd one for the day. We first boarded a bus that took us through several small towns and finally to meet with the train. I thought the bus driver did a very good job telling us about the area and island history. Then again, I knew next to nothing about the island so I would have believed whatever he said.

Terri and I thought the island was very beautiful. I felt it reminded me of photos I had seen of Hawaii. Since the island has a volcano I guess they are pretty similar.

The train took us all over the place. The whole trip lasted three hours and I felt like it was worth the money at the end. Plus, they served rum and Coke. My personal favorite.

When we returned back to the port we decided to check out the shops. Who should we run into but the nice couple we shared a van with back at the hotel. We talked for a few moments then went on our way to shop. I never thought I'd hear the phrase "Would you like to pet my monkey?" in real life. But I did. There was a guy walking around with a monkey and he would allow you to pet the monkey. Well there ya go. Or, as we have started saying, Bob's your uncle. We picked up a few touristy things and then headed back to the ship.

I was pretty wiped out after the trip. Not sure why. I felt old, fat, and tired. I just wanted to be home in my comfy chair. I was pretty down. After dinner and dropping the kids off at camp, Terri and I found two seats in the Solarium and watched our videos for a while. It was quiet and there was a nice little breeze. It was really nice. After that little session I felt much better. I guess I just needed to recharge my batteries.

Overall we really liked St. Kitts. We would go back again and explore a little more.

A few pictures and then I'm off to bed for the night. More tomorrow.

I believe this is Nevis if I remember correctly.

DSC7641-M.jpg

Our guide (not the best picture)

DSC7646-M.jpg

Looking up toward the top of the volcano

DSC7652-M.jpg

Liam taking pictures. We usually get one like this, then his leg, the floor....

P1000815-M.jpg

Swimming after we returned. Notice my hat I picked up in Panama last year. I call it my Panama hat that was made in China because it says inside MADE IN CHINA. I love that hat.

P1000825-M.jpg

Chillaxin'

P1000830-M.jpg

Just an FYI, if anyone checks out the photos on Smugmug be warned that for some reason some of them are out of order. I plan to fix that at some point. Also, for now, I don't have the descriptions entered. Again, I'll fix that too. :D

Did you guys see the picture from the meet and mingle that the ship took? If not and you want a copy go back to the roll call and let me know you email address and I will send it over to you.

We sure didn't. I wondered about that photo a few times on the ship. I wanted to see it. I'll get that info to you today. Thank you!

You're cracking me up!

Good review so far; keep it coming - love the photos and the sense of humor. Your son sounds like a pistol - the girlfriend in AO and he can't remember her name. Like father, like son?! :D

Yeah, that's my boy. However, he didn't learn it from me...not all of it anyway. He is picking up on my humor which, I think, is a good thing. It seems that lots of girls like him.

I'm at work today so the next part of the review will have to wait until tonight. However, there are a few items that I left out that I feel must be included.

On the first night of our cruise I was able to see the UK Wildcats beat the University of Louisville Cardinals JUST LIKE THEY HAD MANY TIMES BEFORE. That lead to the next game on the evening of day 2. If you missed it I'll give you the brief rundown.

UK-sign-M.jpg

Celebrity Constellation in port at St. Marteen

DSC7508-M.jpg

NCL Epic

DSC7507-M.jpg

"The valley"

DSC7512-M.jpg

They had to take someone away in an ambulance. I never heard any more about it.

DSC7517-M.jpg

Family photo

DSC7529-M.jpg

Was on the same cruise! The person being taken away in the ambulance had appendicitus. There was also another girl evacuated with a broken leg (from playing basketball), but she came back on that day.

Was on the same cruise! The person being taken away in the ambulance had appendicitus. There was also another girl evacuated with a broken leg (from playing basketball), but she came back on that day.

Wow. Thanks for letting us know.

We were on the same cruise too! I love reading the various reviews of the same trip we were on. My two kids (Mason 5, turned 6 on the ship and Lauren 3 ) were both in the aquanauts... I'll have to ask them if they remember your son. :-)

I heard about the girl with the appendicitus while we had our own medical issue on board... my hubby broke his finger on the rock climbing wall. (Medical did xrays and gave him a splint - all at no charge.) We also saw the baskeball injury girl, but we didn't know she broke her leg! All that with the helicopter evac in Labadee, this wasn't a great week for medical emergencies!

We had a fantastic time on Navigator! Thanks for your review!

We were on the same cruise too! I love reading the various reviews of the same trip we were on. My two kids (Mason 5, turned 6 on the ship and Lauren 3 ) were both in the aquanauts... I'll have to ask them if they remember your son. :-)

I heard about the girl with the appendicitus while we had our own medical issue on board... my hubby broke his finger on the rock climbing wall. (Medical did xrays and gave him a splint - all at no charge.) We also saw the baskeball injury girl, but we didn't know she broke her leg! All that with the helicopter evac in Labadee, this wasn't a great week for medical emergencies!

We had a fantastic time on Navigator! Thanks for your review!

I wondered about the helicopter in Labadee. Things must have been REALLY bad to call in a helicopter. I also wondered where they would take the person in that case.

Archived