REVIEW - Navigator of the Seas, March 31 - April 8 (plenty of pictures)

After Terri got back we decided to go down to Ben and Jerrys down on the Royal Promenade. I wanted a milk shake. When we got there we found out they don't make shakes. Bummer. Ok, how about a Coke float. The guy working just looked at me. "You know, ice cream, then Coke on top. BOOM! Coke float." The guy had never heard of it.

This may sound strange to you but I wouldn't have known what a float is either :D

Apparently a very American thing ;)

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to see her for myself in June!

Sinny

This may sound strange to you but I wouldn't have known what a float is either :D

Apparently a very American thing ;)

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to see her for myself in June!

Sinny

You are right. Good point. :)

I always enjoy reading reviews, but I mostly thank you for the pictures especially (for me) the parade in the Promenade including the picture of people looking out their windows. I'll be in one of those Promenade cabins next November on the TA from Barcelona to New Orleans so was nice to see what I have to look forward to in six months.

Oh, and yes Maho is incredible - was there in 2011. I also have loved my two visits to St. Kitts.

We have thought about getting one of those Promenade rooms before but every time we would try they were already booked. That's alright though, I like a balcony with a view of the ocean.

I wondered about the helicopter in Labadee. Things must have been REALLY bad to call in a helicopter. I also wondered where they would take the person in that case.

Thanks for the great review. We were also on this cruise and while attending Easter vigil services in the Ixtapa Lounge, the priest announced that the gentleman picked up at Labadee by helicopter had passed away after leaving the ship. Didn't get any more info other than he was traveling with his son.

Thanks so much, KY for your wonderful review!! Was on Mariner twice and love that class of ship (actually, have loved all of them!). Great pictures, too, especially your final L O N G shot on the beach - how creative!

Thanks!

I was just saying to someone today that we might not have liked something about a ship, but that didn't make it a bad ship. We have enjoyed all of ours cruises too. I even tried to talk my wife into a repositioning one today for October. She said no. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for your review, I really enjoyed reading it. Your photos are great too. Am going on my first cruise in June in Eastern Mediterranean and really looking forward to it, especially after seeing your photos and hearing about your experiences.

What extras to you get with a suite? We have booked a Junior Suite and feeling spoiled already but I don't mind being spoiled even more!!

Thanks again.

OK Folks,

So here's to our experience on that cruise. Beforehand , I must say this was our first cruise ever, so no experience and the fact that we were traveling alone may have contributed to "SOME" of the not so exciting experience of this cruise (March 31st-April 8Th in the Eastern Caribbean).

First: Endless waiting lines from the get go. Even though everything was pre-paid and pre-signed , it took at least two hours going through registration before getting on board. Then the story repeated itself at every single port of call (St-Maarteen, St-Kitt's, San Juan and Labadee). agrrr

Excursions paid for and scheduled for departure at a certain time , never started before a minimum of 30 minutes late if not one Hour (Labadee). This results in cutting short our time on the island.

Then when scheduled to return on board at 4:30 (as for example) we were asked to be on board the bus at 3:00. Even if we never travelled farther away for the boat than 30 minutes or so. All in all, we were quite upset by this 'stealing' of excursion time in all four ports. :mad:

Second: Food in the Windjamer during the day.

Breakfast: Unless you are someone eating eggs with sausage and al or cereals everyday (for 8 days) the rest was not eatable. Hash brow potatoes tasted freeze (burn or ice), pancakes could be used as Frisbee to express how hard they were, toasts were cold (and that every morning, we checked). Ok ok we could have gone to the main dining room on the 3rd floor for a more formal breakfast. Got it, but at the price they charged for the cruise and all the good thing being said about those, we would have expected way better.

Pools: In a nutshell , NO ACCESS, NO CHAIRS , NO NOTHING, in the 3 days spent at sea, we could not dip into the pool because there were too many people and we didn't want to be at the poolside by 8:00am.

We could go on and on , but you get the picture.

G&P

not excited about this experience at all.

Thanks for posting your review! I will be sailing on the Navigator soon. It will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise, so I appreciate all of the ship's pictures. You family is so cute!

Thanks! Have a great cruise when you go.

WHOA that thing is HUGE!

P1000736-M.jpg

Didn't see any 747's when we were there, I will definitely ride the fence on my next trip.

That was quite an experience. I had never seen that large of a plane land there. I must admit, I was a little afraid to ride the fence for this one so I just stood off to the side and took pictures.

Archived