Re-entry to the US

MalkyM

We are sailing on the Jewel to New England and Canada on Oct 10. On this particular cruise the itinerary has been changed and the final port of call will be Bar Harbour, Maine.

Does anyone know if we will have to go through Immigration here, rather than 2 days later when the Jewel returns to New York?

You will clear immigration at or just prior to the point of entry into the USA, every time you re-enter. There is a chance this may occur enroute to Bar Harbor if the day prior is at sea, otherwise expect an early morning on that day and a delay since there's always someone who doesn't show up and delays the whole ship. I like that there's a $200 fine now if you don't show up in a reasonable amount of time (although I'm unsure if that's enforced)

Honestly I really prefer that the ship to be cleared prior to the last day, it really speeds up debarkation, especially for us non-US citizens. Nothing worse than a week of sleeping in only to have to get up at 6AM on the last day to "present" yourself.

Robsvacation, thanks. We have a day at sea prior to Bar Harbor, so (hopefully)procedures may well start then. As you say, it will avoid the need for an early rise prior to arriving back in New York - we sailed the Dawn last November and still recall the time taken to clear Immigration. No 6.00am rise for me!!!!

Archived